Santa Cruz Servicing - Gauteng

Bitsy

Hello guys,

Any recommendations for reputable Gauteng based bike shops that are known for great Santa Cruz servicing...preference would be Midrand or surrounding suburbs. 

Thanks.

Think they closed and became the Giant shop. Unless they just moved.

Yup Mike sold and left a long time ago.

I have a Santa Cruz but have not yet done a major service on it. I am based in Bedfordview and when i asked Rush Sports (distributors), they suggested Finish Line cycles in Kempton Park (who are also a SC retailer)

I imagine that most of the servicing is similar to other brands except maybe the VPP suspension?

Yup Mike sold and left a long time ago.

Sniff....he was my go to every year for a complete strip,deep clean,assembly and service  to my SC

I have a Santa Cruz but have not yet done a major service on it. I am based in Bedfordview and when i asked Rush Sports (distributors), they suggested Finish Line cycles in Kempton Park (who are also a SC retailer)

I imagine that most of the servicing is similar to other brands except maybe the VPP suspension?

It's actually easier, the bearings sit in the two alloy rockers so just take them out and regrease or replace the bearings, no need to fidle with bearing extractors to care fully get bearings out of the frame or self

Sniff....he was my go to every year for a complete strip,deep clean,assembly and service to my SC

Mike lives in Cape Town and I have seen photos of his awesome bike tool shadow board. Maybe he is still keeping his hand in?

Thanks for some of the replies guys. 

I thought VPP may require "special" servicing, hence the opening question. The only 2 distributors listed on the SC website are Rush and Greg Minnaar (both KZN based)

I noticed a couple of Gauteng cycle shops selling SC's...like CycleLab and MelloVello, but wanted some expert opinions from the forum, specifically around servicing recommendations.

Thanks for some of the replies guys.

I thought VPP may require "special" servicing, hence the opening question. The only 2 distributors listed on the SC website are Rush and Greg Minnaar (both KZN based)

I noticed a couple of Gauteng cycle shops selling SC's...like CycleLab and MelloVello, but wanted some expert opinions from the forum, specifically around servicing recommendations.

A bike is a bike is a bike.

Different suspension layouts still function using bearings and bolts.

The only reason I would service a SC at an SC dealer is that the frames come with free bearing replacements for first owners. I am pretty sure you are going to pay for bearings at any non SC dealer, that is unless Rush Sports have some sort of deal with bike shops that I am not aware of.