This level of entitlement is not helpful to the community

Reme Le Hane

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridding this morning from GSpot on the way to Eden and it seems the owner of the land for one of the contour crossings decided they no longer wanted riders on their land, which perfectly acceptable, it’s is private land.

Some lovely and apparently remarkably entitled person decided they wanted to write a very impolite and entitled letter to the owner and tape it to the fence, I am not sure how they expected that level of entitlement and arrogance to yield a positive result I have no idea.

It’s not like it’s the only way across, there are at least 3 other ways to cross so it’s not like we are in any way cut off, maybe just an extra km or 2 to cross over.

I have removed the damned thing as it’s definitely just going to make things worse, we want more trails not less.

how do you even know how true the info on the letter is. 

B. shutte could be a victim here and his details falsified and put on a letter..

you feel so entitled to now go and expose mr B, that you have just exposed yourself as MR ENTITLEMENT himself. 

Mr B put his contact details, maybe, for one person to see, not 1000's...

B. shutte could be a victim here and his details falsified and put on a letter..

you feel so entitled to now go and expose mr B, that you have just exposed yourself as MR ENTITLEMENT himself.

You mean other than the fact that he confirmed he wrote the letter and put it up there.

Then he should not have put it on a gate where literally hundreds of cyclists pass regularly.

Mr Schutte can quite honestly shove his entitlement where the don't shine. There are thoroughfares 400m further up, and 500m down from this gate. To cry because someone wants to make use of their private land is just silly, to piss of the land owner is just stupid and puts other trails on the land at risk.

To non cyclists we are all one big community. I was once kakked out on *** (trail name removed) because the guy that drove past the farm house in his car before me was going too fast. When I asked the farmer what I did wrong he told me the other guy was speeding, and that we all know each other so I must speak to him. What if this land owner thinks the same and makes a blanket decision because of Schutte?

Edited by Grease_Monkey

But a member here has been in contact with him, and the story is apparently true as per the letter and his number is correct, ie, not falsified.

Keep up sir. He confirmed he was the writer. In this thread. Read.

Ready, FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE, aim.

Great 2nd post. New to forums?

What a Schutterend post.

(Stolen from fellow hubber)