This level of entitlement is not helpful to the community

Reme Le Hane

This, together with finding out that 80% of the hub thinks I’m a c#nt, made my day.

After coffee, you go fill up your white bakkie with LS diesel, avoiding the eyes of the petrol attendant who cleaned your windscreen, drive the wrong way out the petrol station cause there's a big queue at the proper exit, curse at the learner driver who stalls at the stop street, eventually get to bed earlier cause load shedding and you don't have gennie or batteries, wake up, put clean white Falke socks on, pedal back up the hill to the gate and find out your letter to the owner is missing and now instead of bloudraad holding the gate closed there a moerse lock and this sign:

post-35907-0-97383000-1611600914_thumb.png

Edited by capediver

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm on a long and late call with people in Chicago....

Now imagine being out on a ride and getting so annoyed that you cannot trespass, that you cycle home, write a long post, select a meh font, try to print it out, realize that you ran out of toner. Swear a few times, go have a shower, kicking off your First Ascent bibs while mumbling to yourself how they are just as good as Assos. Go to the shop (people that use paper seldom know about things like online shopping) buy some toner, whinge about the price and tell the poor pimple faced nerd at the till that its cheaper to simply buy a new printer than to buy toner cartridges. Get in your white bakkie, while trying your best to avoid making eye contact with the car guard. Drive home, shouting at some roadies on the way because "they think they own the road" as they ride 2 abreast in the emergency lane. Get home, install your toner, with a faf and a few hammer blows. Print your letter after having to get your son to help with the new setting as Vista doesn't like the HP1022 installer. Find a plastic sleeve, probably stolen our of your daughters homework file, and some sellotape, Go to bed. Wake up the next morning, still angry, put the letter in your Camelbak (no ways somebody this angry rides with bottles only), put on your Falke socks and ride up to the gate and tape your letter to a gate, "bos" back down the hill as the manne call it, and tell your friends about it over a Wimpy coffee at the local Engen.

Reminds me of that cool MTN advertisement

It was brilliant ????????

Now imagine being out on a ride and getting so annoyed that you cannot trespass, that you cycle home, write a long post, select a meh font, try to print it out, realize that you ran out of toner. Swear a few times, go have a shower, kicking off your First Ascent bibs while mumbling to yourself how they are just as good as Assos. Go to the shop (people that use paper seldom know about things like online shopping) buy some toner, whinge about the price and tell the poor pimple faced nerd at the till that its cheaper to simply buy a new printer than to buy toner cartridges. Get in your white bakkie, while trying your best to avoid making eye contact with the car guard. Drive home, shouting at some roadies on the way because "they think they own the road" as they ride 2 abreast in the emergency lane. Get home, install your toner, with a faf and a few hammer blows. Print your letter after having to get your son to help with the new setting as Vista doesn't like the HP1022 installer. Find a plastic sleeve, probably stolen our of your daughters homework file, and some sellotape, Go to bed. Wake up the next morning, still angry, put the letter in your Camelbak (no ways somebody this angry rides with bottles only), put on your Falke socks and ride up to the gate and tape your letter to a gate, "bos" back down the hill as the manne call it, and tell your friends about it over a Wimpy coffee at the local Engen.

If the sock fits...

After coffee, you go fill up your white bakkie with LS diesel, avoiding the eyes of the petrol attendant who cleaned your windscreen, drive the wrong way out the petrol station cause there's a big queue at the proper exit, curse at the learner driver who stalls at the stop street, eventually get to bed earlier cause load shedding and you don't have gennie or batteries, wake up, put clean white Falke socks on, pedal back up the hill to the gate and find out your letter to the owner is missing and now instead of bloudraad holding the gate closed there a moerse lock and this sign:

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 21.54.28.png

Now you’re just riding the coattails.

pure gold. thank you sir

Did I miss a poll?

No poll, it's just words on the internet. But he seems to be carrying it around now, so who knows, maybe words on the internet sticks a lil bit.

All this printing letters and sticking then to a fence post... if only there was another way....you know, like reaching a bigger audience, without killing trees and buying toner at R10k/l.....

Only good thing about doing the above, is getting out into fresh air for some exercise....

I am seriously going to have to get a different colour bakkie, I just can't take this ridicule from you any longer. 

I'm obviously late to this forum which has now morphed into a debate over POPI and the usual hubbers taking stabs at each other. Usually I try to leave the discussion before this happens.

For what it's worth, to get back to the original topic. That section of trail has been closed in the past. I'm almost certain it's owned/leased by the University. A quick call by Mr Schutte to the Stellenbosch trail Fund would have provided him with all the clarity he required.

I have in fact done that exact thing when I arrived at a closed gate on that section (although my gate was the next gate on the way to Coetzenburg). STF knew exactly what was going and explained to me that they were going to move some game onto that piece of land. Just knowing what's going on really helps, because lets be honest, unexpected change is annoying. Even more so if that change affects something you enjoy. 

To the original poster, you would have been doing a much better service to the MTB community if you had called STF, asked them what's going on, and then relayed that message to Mr Schutte. By Posting things like this on Bikehub you are ironically not doing much better than Mr Schutte. What good can come of this?

This thread is going to go into the history books just like J.Ancer losing his son, or taking your kid to a restricted movie.

Sjoe that was gold but that thread was also "fast and furious"

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2021-01-25 at 21.54.28.png

Love the description, fits so many people I know. Just throw in some instant coffee, A facebook post complaining about unkept grass verge outside his own house. 

This thread is going to go into the history books just like J.Ancer losing his son, or taking your kid to a restricted movie.

Flip, I remember that J Ancer thread well, think he was ranting that an event did not look after his 6 year old which he left to do the 15km route while he went and rode the 45km route.

I also remember that fake Pinerello thread well, where the guy kept us in the loop once a day about the updates on the bike with the shop.