This level of entitlement is not helpful to the community

Reme Le Hane

Also to note that Mark Gordon owns the property that gspot is on. He started those trails on his own, and allows people to ride there. He could of charged an entry fee, but didnt. 

I never realized that. Amazing generosity. That land must be worth R40-60m (conservative estimate). 

G-Spot is a truly world famous. Such a great marketing and video/photoshoot location, showing the best of Stellenbosch/South African mountain biking. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think the majority of us care about that?

Speaking for myself, I'm here strictly for the larfs, and the occasional wind up of a random smurf.

Obviously not. But some of us who actually ride the Stellenbosch trails and would like to continue doing so do care.

But please, don't let me stand in your way of getting to 30000 posts, we can filter through the non constructive comments.

I never realized that. Amazing generosity. That land must be worth R40-60m (conservative estimate). 

G-Spot is a truly world famous. Such a great marketing and video/photoshoot location, showing the best of Stellenbosch/South African mountain biking. 

noob in the area, nice first post!

Stooopid questions 101.

If there is a path traversing property that has been around for many years, when does it become a public access pathway? I know there was some thread about this on farm heading out towards the Cradle by MTB riders, but i cant find it now.

Fair question

The law requires the gate to be closed for one day in the year for you to retain the right to prevent access as a thoroughfare on that land.

Mark Gordon does not own the G-Spot land the S Municipality does.

I also thought that. It used to be a long range shooting range many many years ago.

I thought the shooting range was on the other side of eden; the Mont Marie side, not the G-Spot side. And like @GreaseMonkey said, I was always under the impression G-Spot was Municipal land. Does Mark Gordon really own it? 

I also thought that. It used to be a long range shooting range many many years ago.

I thought the shooting range was on the other side of eden; the Mont Marie side, not the G-Spot side. And like @GreaseMonkey said, I was always under the impression G-Spot was Municipal land. Does Mark Gordon really own it? 

I suspect not...

Where the clubhouse is at Eden was definitely a shooting range at one point. Whether G Spot was a shooting range at one point is unknown to me.

I'm fairly sure that the land is owned by the municipality. From memory Mark originally built the first line illegally and it sort of gained traction from there. 

Where the clubhouse is at Eden was definitely a shooting range at one point. Whether G Spot was a shooting range at one point is unknown to me.

I'm fairly sure that the land is owned by the municipality. From memory Mark originally built the first line illegally and it sort of gained traction from there. 

This all sounds a lot more likely.

On that thought

I'd love to know what the most photographed trails in the world are. Off the top of my head the top 3 would be in no particular order

A-Line Whister

Vink Line Chatel

G Spot Stellies

Edited by Duane_Bosch

On that thought

I'd love to know what the most photographed trails in the world are. Off the top of my head the top 3 would be in no particular order

A-Line Whister

Vink Line Chatel

G Spot Stellies

Everyone knows it's people/bikes leaning against the sign/drop in to Plumber like they are about to send........ just before they do Red Phoenix

Does he? I thought that was municipal ground?

Not entirely sure, then, seeing other comments. Not gonna name who told me it was his. But was told that it was his land. "from the top of the hill down to the road" were the words! "everything else is council"

Never did understand why he didnt build himself a nice house on it either! like most of the american guys with trails/ pumptracks in their yards

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Gate left wide open this morning, still with trail closed signs, and lots of fresh tracks. So I doubt landowner relationships are off to a great start sadly.

post-41145-0-56356000-1611655949_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-35314000-1611656112_thumb.jpg

Edited by geomark