Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

I'm pretty sure I just read the other day how well this Vini Zabu team were doing. 

Now I see 2 of their guys were caught doping in the last 12 months so the team has a 30 day (ONLY!) ban. I think they were already out of the Giro but ja, not great.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I can't hide from myself: I'm not in the medical condition to shine in the Giro," - Pinot????, struggling with lingering back injury

Looking at the startlist that seems to be updating often now, and Deceuninck have a pretty strong team going in... Almeida and Evenepoel. We know what one can do, let's see about the other. Exciting racing ahead

Looking at the startlist that seems to be updating often now, and Deceuninck have a pretty strong team going in... Almeida and Evenepoel. We know what one can do, let's see about the other. Exciting racing ahead

I mentioned, to a mate on last weekend’s ride, that I haven’t heard anything about Evenepoel this year. Even had to check PCS to check if he has raced, anything, since his crash in August 2020.

I mentioned, to a mate on last weekend’s ride, that I haven’t heard anything about Evenepoel this year. Even had to check PCS to check if he has raced, anything, since his crash in August 2020.

Some big performances have come from guys after being sidelined due to crashes.

8 months since his crash, I bet he is itching to race. This kid is not going to hold back, I see some big efforts from him, even early on in week 1, to test himself. 

Almeida may well be the true leader for DQS, with Evenepoel there with zero pressure and just to see what he can do. Evenepoel might find himself in Pink with a big stage win and then DQS can protect him from there, leaving Almeida to chill and spare himself for the 3rd week in case Evenepoel falters.

I'm going to pick ​Bernal as the winner.

Then have 4 riders vying for the remaining podium places

• Bennett
  • Landa
  • Remco
  • Yates

Then a list of riders (I think) that will make the top 10 (also in alphabetical order).

• Almeida
  • Hindley
  • Martin
  • Nibali
  • Vlasov

Side note:

I see Remco has bib number 91, so he's the designated leader based on "tradition" of the number 1 listed rider on the start list. I don't think he'll finish in the top 5, but I'm going to put him there anyway based on his history (2018 was a good year) and desire to get back racing.

..., so he's the designated leader based on "tradition" of the number 1 listed rider on the start list. ...

I always thought this was true. Today I saw Sagz, Viviani, and Caleb all wearing their team 1's haha, team directives clear...

I always thought this was true. Today I saw Sagz, Viviani, and Caleb all wearing their team 1's haha, team directives clear...

Wait, what you Saw Sags baby?

The 184 riders taking part in the Giro d’Italia and their 460 team staff will arrive in Turin on Wednesday afternoon, completing a final COVID-19 PCR test so that they can enter the protective race bubble and their respective team bubbles.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, race organiser RCS Sport will organise and manage the final testing on Wednesday, with results known by Thursday lunchtime, before the evening team presentation. If a positive case emerges, teams can substitute a rider or member of staff as long as they have completed the six and three day testing protocol.

????????????