'Dale

oops, sorry I'll be more careful with my wording... [emoji38]

[emoji6]

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So no SAFFAS at the Giro this year then?

Can Assos-Qhubekha really call themselves the "African" team then?

Yes maybe they will have a SAFFA at the Vuelta or TdF later in the year, But the 1st Grand Tour and not 1 SAFFA riding?

Sad times..

The 184 riders taking part in the Giro d’Italia and their 460 team staff will arrive in Turin on Wednesday afternoon, completing a final COVID-19 PCR test so that they can enter the protective race bubble and their respective team bubbles.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, race organiser RCS Sport will organise and manage the final testing on Wednesday, with results known by Thursday lunchtime, before the evening team presentation. If a positive case emerges, teams can substitute a rider or member of staff as long as they have completed the six and three day testing protocol.

Let's hope for no repeat of the last one. Poor Mauro... has he recovered yet?

Very cool

Influenced by EF, I reckon

They're also launching a fresh edition jersey soon

Lets hope they let everyone who needs to know, know. or face silly fines again.

Met eish

What a bit of a mess this has become since that fateful downhill sprint finalè

Met eish

What a bit of a mess this has become since that fateful downhill sprint finalè

Would be nice to see them both shut the hell up and let the road resolve things.

Too much hot air from the youngsters of today.

7 Africans across their WT and PT teams, and of that only 3 are SA's, and only 2 in the World Tour Team (although I really think Pritzen should move up there this season already).

So no SAFFAS at the Giro this year then?

Yes maybe they will have a SAFFA at the Vuelta or TdF later in the year, But the 1st Grand Tour and not 1 SAFFA riding?

Sad times..

7 Africans across their WT and PT teams, and of that only 3 are SA's, and only 2 in the World Tour Team (although I really think Pritzen should move up there this season already).

Add the fact that the future of the team was uncertain last year and half of the SA riders in the team moved to other teams, i.e. Maincheese, Gibbons.

Day 1 ITT - ~8km of manic frenzy methinks. Ganna's last few have been a bit woeful, but i think he'll bounce back and be in pink. he's a strong lad so should be able to hold it for a good while i think.

first weeks sprints are going to be interesting. Ewan is really good, but I'd prefer someone else - any of the Italian sprinters will want to impress on home soil, or Merlier who's had some good finishes this year so far. I think Groenewegen has a point to prove after this suspension.

I can't be certain, but I suspect working from home will take on a distinct red/white/green tinge the next few weeks  :ph34r:  

Day 1 ITT - ~8km of manic frenzy methinks. Ganna's last few have been a bit woeful, but i think he'll bounce back and be in pink. he's a strong lad so should be able to hold it for a good while i think.

first weeks sprints are going to be interesting. Ewan is really good, but I'd prefer someone else - any of the Italian sprinters will want to impress on home soil, or Merlier who's had some good finishes this year so far. I think Groenewegen has a point to prove after this suspension.

I can't be certain, but I suspect working from home will take on a distinct red/white/green tinge the next few weeks :ph34r:

I think well see a few good times from the fast guys at the ITT..some of them will do well tomorrow with an eye on possibly taking Pink on Sunday bonus seconds during stages always make things interesting at the Giro[emoji4]

Edit... cause I misplaced a day somewhere [emoji4]

Edited by Gen

I can't be certain, but I suspect working from home will take on a distinct red/white/green tinge the next few weeks  :ph34r:  

Agreed on all fronts. But I do think someone will pip Ganna to the line.

Say... someone that won two ITT's in 2020 and finished 2nd at the 2019 UCI World TT, beating Ganna by 46 seconds over a 54km course.

This can be the year that someone wears Pink from start to finish...

Maybe, just maybe...