Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

5 minutes ago, Jensie said:

Four gravel sectors today, 28c tyres on the menuprofile Stage 11 Giro d'Italia 2021 Perugia Montalcino Brunello di Montalcino Wine Stage

Hope everyone cleared their schedules 

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Didn't have anything on my 'schedule' ????

What time does it start on TV? Need to just organise my daily nap around that... 

#retirementFTW

Lol not sure but Giro coverage has been from the start or each stage 

I just remembered, now that the schools in the area have canned sport they've extended the gr10-12 hours 3 days a week till after 4pm..so I have a pickup at a crucial part of the damn stage today.. 

Edited by Gen

7 minutes ago, Gen said:

Lol not sure but Giro coverage has been from the start or each stage 

I just remembered, now that the schools in the area have canned sport they've extended the gr10-12 hours 3 days a week till after 4pm..so I have a pickup at a crucial part of the damn stage today.. 

I am at work...its worse

20 minutes ago, Jensie said:

Four gravel sectors today, 28c tyres on the menuprofile Stage 11 Giro d'Italia 2021 Perugia Montalcino Brunello di Montalcino Wine Stage

Looks to be lumpy until 90km. That's 3pm if anyone's interested... WFH FTW... 

Diego Ulissi is my pick today and I can see GC contenders playing it close to their chests. It would be reasonable to assume that DQS don't really have much of a game plan like Ineos, lacking the riders and the experience as a GC team, so probably content to follow as best they can and mug someone towards the end of the 3 weeks. Worst-case for them would be to have a few seconds to catch up on the last ITT where one could see Evenepoel having the legs to out-duke Bernal if need be, all things being equal, which of course they aren't. Fascinating stuff

16 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Looks to be lumpy until 90km. That's 3pm if anyone's interested... WFH FTW... 

Diego Ulissi is my pick today and I can see GC contenders playing it close to their chests. It would be reasonable to assume that DQS don't really have much of a game plan like Ineos, lacking the riders and the experience as a GC team, so probably content to follow as best they can and mug someone towards the end of the 3 weeks. Worst-case for them would be to have a few seconds to catch up on the last ITT where one could see Evenepoel having the legs to out-duke Bernal if need be, all things being equal, which of course they aren't. Fascinating stuff

I reckon someone is going to loose the Giro today

4 minutes ago, Gen said:

I reckon someone is going to loose the Giro today

you thinking of the gravel malarky? Perhaps you're right Gen. I think it'd be a shame if that were to happen though. For the sake of a bit of entertainment...

most of the negative comments have been around the unnecessary risks involved. Think of Richie Porte last year, but that was just a puncture, and he did get back on, but at what cost? I guess if people hypothesize that it's riskier from a crash perspective, it's only a matter of time before that happens. Perhaps that will see the end of the shenanigans, though humans love a spectacle - think Roman gladiators

12 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

you thinking of the gravel malarky? Perhaps you're right Gen. I think it'd be a shame if that were to happen though. For the sake of a bit of entertainment...

most of the negative comments have been around the unnecessary risks involved. Think of Richie Porte last year, but that was just a puncture, and he did get back on, but at what cost? I guess if people hypothesize that it's riskier from a crash perspective, it's only a matter of time before that happens. Perhaps that will see the end of the shenanigans, though humans love a spectacle - think Roman gladiators

I think some riders are better than others on the gravel and those who cant will lose time .. they wouldn't even need to have a mechanical for it to happen.

I also think Bernal will be looking at extending his lead a bit.

big thing today will be the support riders.. they have a big job to do today

Edited by Gen

1 minute ago, Gen said:

I think some riders are better than others on the gravel and will lose time. .. they wouldn't even need to have a mechanical for it to happen.

Smart money will be on Bernal today, for sure.

He rocked Strade earlier in the year and that epic gravel finish of his a couple of days ago is something that will stick with me for a while.

The other GC contenders will do well to just limit their losses today and stay within reach to bring the fight on another day.

1 minute ago, Gen said:

I think some riders are better than others on the gravel and will loose time. .. they wouldn't even need to have a mechanical for it to happen.

No one's asked the question 'Evenepoel's Belgian, so how good is he at cyclocross'? guess we're going to find out. 

are there any time bonuses today?

2 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Smart money will be on Bernal today, for sure.

He rocked Strade earlier in the year and that epic gravel finish of his a couple of days ago is something that will stick with me for a while.

The other GC contenders will do well to just limit their losses today and stay within reach to bring the fight on another day.

yeah he was very very good at Strade... and it was why he rode it.. and from his social media I can see he is looking forward to today.

3 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

No one's asked the question 'Evenepoel's Belgian, so how good is he at cyclocross'? guess we're going to find out. 

are there any time bonuses today?

yep (time bonus)

Edited by Gen

GC teams will let a big break go.. of course depending on who is in the break will determine if Bora let it go.. (points at intermediate sprint)

its why i like the Giro so much.. it tough and every day is a race.

15 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Has no pedigree to speak of. 

He is a fantastic soccer player though.

28 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Has no pedigree to speak of. 

He is a fantastic soccer player though.

you mean when he falls down he feigns getting shot? what the hell's he doing on a bicycle then? ????