Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

4 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

you mean when he falls down he feigns getting shot? what the hell's he doing on a bicycle then? ????

If he didn't switch to cycling, he'd be playing for the team that's currently second in the Dutch premier division, and probably be a fixture in the Belgium national team.

It's cause of all the soccer he didn't ride any cyclocross as a teenager like the rest of the Belgians.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

you mean when he falls down he feigns getting shot? what the hell's he doing on a bicycle then? ????

haha... and he could have made a lot more money if he played professional football and still rode his bicycle for fun.

Hell, he might even have been able to afford a Colnago ???? 

1 hour ago, Gen said:

its why i like the Giro so much.. it tough and every day is a race.

Oh, love it. 

What intrigues me is Remco vs Egan - the young wolf can time trial; the young Skybot can climb.

The two of them is an interesting rivalry with many years to come.

11 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Oh, love it. 

What intrigues me is Remco vs Egan - the young wolf can time trial; the young Skybot can climb.

Weird that the general view is that Bernal can't time trial. 

Last three years he's on the podium at teh ITT at national champs (winning once)

2017 wins the ITT at Tour de Savoie Mont Blanc

2018 wins ITT Tour de Romandie

2019 8th in ITT in Tour de Suisse - which he wins overall

And so on, he's not a Ganna or anything, but he's not cannon fodder in a TT.

BTW, I can probably go and show that Remco is very capable in the mountains as well. I mean San Sebastian is not exactly flat, is it?

Edited by TNT1

16 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Oh, love it. 

Throw in Pog and we're set for even more tension!

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

Weird that the general view is that Bernal can't time trial. 

Last three years he's on the podium at teh ITT at national champs (winning once)

2017 wins the ITT at Tour de Savoie Mont Blanc

2018 wins ITT Tour de Romandie

2019 8th in ITT in Tour de Suisse - which he wins overall

And so on, he's not a Ganna or anything, but he's not cannon fodder in a TT.

BTW, I can probably go and show that Remco is very capable in the mountains as well. I mean San Sebastian is not exactly flat, is it?

You are reading too much into my basic sentiment, Sweetie, and drawing conclusions by leaping into conjecture. ????

1 minute ago, Gen said:

Everybody ready? 

Drop us a reminder once they approach the first Gravel section... Some of us scheduled a Teams Meeting at 14h30 ????‍♂️

1 minute ago, Vetplant said:

Drop us a reminder once they approach the first Gravel section... Some of us scheduled a Teams Meeting at 14h30 ????‍♂️

Lol.. I'd say pee poor planning but I had kids so yeah, I will not say anything  and just gooi a hey okes wakiwaki.. It is time. 

Oooh.. Lots of riders trying to get as close as possible to the front in anticipation of km0

It's gonna be a crazy start

We are climbing and the flag hasn't even dropped yet.. 

Ineos very very attentive 

Hold on to your loved ones, Shelter them it's a gonna be violent. 

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

I was thinking about this just now. 4 of the top 5 overall are 'young' riders. Maybe the young age needs to be lowered? It seems these chaps are the 'right' age.

I was also wondering about the KOM jersey. Is this still a thing? I'm sure I remember long ago when I first started watching cycling there was actual racing for the KOM jerseys. Now days it just seems ubiquitous the overall leader will probably win it, and other days its nice for someone in the breakaway to gain a couple extra bucks.

Peloton are just chilling chatting away.. *Making holiday plans and laughing about Wiggins lack of fashion sense and Froome's wtaf playlist*