Giro d' Italia 2021

'Dale

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Evenepoel's positioning left him exposed on Sunday, again today on the first gravel segment and when he got back on, remains languishing towards the back while Bernal is attentive and right up there. Any attack he makes will be difficult for Evenepoel to counter.

goes without saying that the WT is a steep learning curve, with the emphasis on learning...

fascinating viewing

You're mis-reading it. Remco just doesn't have the legs today.

14 minutes ago, Gen said:

First GT as well.. He'll learn a lot. 

The only thing he needs to learn is better preparation. If you have bad legs, you know where to sit, you just can't do it.

11 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

You're mis-reading it. Remco just doesn't have the legs today.

we can hope

What. A. Stage! 

Remco got hammered. 

But maybe this will spice it up even more. He might want to attack in the Stages going forward. 

Bernal looking very good. Let's hope his back problems don't resurface in the final week. 

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

What. A. Stage! 

Remco got hammered. 

But maybe this will spice it up even more. He might want to attack in the Stages going forward. 

Bernal looking very good. Let's hope his back problems don't resurface in the final week. 

Yeah Remco might have lots a chunk but he is still there and we know he Time trials very well hey.. A little bit here., a little bit there and he'll be right back before the TT... 

When I saw how tentatively he rode those downhills I got a bit worried hey and had Zacharin flashbacks.. Hopefully it was just a today thing and not a problem going forward.. 

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

What. A. Stage! 

Remco got hammered. 

Based on what we have seen of him in the past Bernal should even be better in the high mountains.... obviously only if his back holds out like you said.

Yates looked better today ..perhaps playing the long game?

Fantastic race to watch. Stunning even.