Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 1992 (Cape Town)

CEMEH

They should rename this thread

"One man who had his bike stolen Vs 500 internet lawyers who watch suites"

I don't think the several insurance or legal expert opinions given on the various threads are big watchers of suits to be honest.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Suits the show with the chick that was recently on Oprah?

My missus watched half of season 1 a few years ago. We aren't big TV watchers. 

I prefer books and family... and sleep

I think I flew over your head, I was being a sarcastic w**ker because the guy giving his 2 cents worth would have difficulty wearing that suite

Edited by Andreas_187

I wonder if the op has informed his insurer of the loss of his bike, you are supposed to do so within 30days whether you claim or not.

If the op's pro-boner law suit is thrown out of court due to being frivolous can he be held liable for covering the defendant's costs?

I believe you own a Cash Crusaders, would you care to share with the people on this thread the sales invoice showing how much you purchased this 1992,2016,2018 Cannondale for? Some of us would love to know.

giphy.gif

Edited by 'Dale

Not a Franchisee of Crusaders, thus unable to provide you with the invoice.

Back to what I believe is reasonable and expected: I was expecting the following: BMC can get a pre-owned frame, load the same components (cost of labor is zero for them) and satisfy the customer whos heart was broken by unfortunate misfortune, the total cost to them probably would been less than R15k-20k, this is how I would of dealt with my customer!!!

Since it falls on the deaf ears prior: I'M NOT GOING TO CLAIM FROM MY INSURANCE, NEVER. 

I suffered a loss and therefore intend to recover it legally

Back to what I believe is reasonable and expected: I was expecting the following: BMC can get a pre-owned frame, load the same components (cost of labor is zero for them) and satisfy the customer whos heart was broken by unfortunate misfortune, the total cost to them probably would been less than R15k-20k, this is how I would of dealt with my customer!!!

Since it falls on the deaf ears prior: I'M NOT GOING TO CLAIM FROM MY INSURANCE, NEVER. 

I took a loss and therefore intend to recover it legally

Then why have insurance? 

Unlikely, not paying people is called slavery.

Cost of labor is not R0, I'm sure the guy doing the job gets paid a salary.

I hope you've told your insurance company about the loss seeing as, as much as you hate it, it does affect your overall risk profile - you could have just as well claimed

I'd conservatively estimate, based on my personal experience, that Crusaders pay up to 30% for value of the item, the math's is simple pay less 70%, multiply it by 2, and the selling price would be around 40% less than the same from Game. Again I'm NOT part of Crusaders Franchise

The stolen black Cannondale was recovered not so long ago (late last year I my memory serves me well) from Milnerton Crusaders Franchaise, saw many posts on FB, was for sale at R17999.00, the exact specs are NOT know to me

Does the fact that you are struggling to convince your fellow cyclists that you have a valid case, where usually we'd be all pitchforks and lynchmobs when we feel one of us have been done in (think of the Cyclesure incident a couple of years ago), not a red flag to you?