Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 1992 (Cape Town)

CEMEH

Thank you for finally naming the shop.

I will go and spend my money there when I go to Cape Town in April to compensate them for having had to deal with a customer  like you.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the attorney mate gives him better advice than his broker mate did, but it doesnt look like it.

Judging by the "advice" given, it's possibly the same oke... Watched too many episodes of suites I reckon.

Come on guys, lets throw a pro bone to the OP here. Maybe start with a crowd fund to help him get a new bike on the road.
I have a set of (mostly working) DUB crank bearings from a fixer upper i am busy with. Is there an address we can send the parts to?

Come on guys, lets throw a pro bone to the OP here. Maybe start with a crowd fund to help him get a new bike on the road.

I have a set of (mostly working) DUB crank bearings from a fixer upper i am busy with. Is there an address we can send the parts to?

I have a mint condition Bonaqua bidon that I can contribute.

You man? He has insurance.

I’d rather crowd fund the lawyer fees for the bike shop the fight this chop to the bitter end.

You man? He has insurance.

I’d rather crowd fund the lawyer fees for the bike shop the fight this chop to the bitter end.

Same

all rather confusing to a simple person like me.

Let me make it very clear for you, I did NOT claim from their isurance, (its again an absurd assumpton), they BMC lodge a claim with their insurance knowing that such claim will be entertained, they estimated the replacement value. I had nothing to do with it, hope that will go on record

I'm not sure i follow this - so shop has claimed from insurance already and expect a payout - the issue you have is that the value is different to what you feel it is?

And while you do have insurance you haven't claimed, but just sent a letter that you won't claim?

so is this estimated replacement value different to your insured value - some actual numbers here would be lekker.

The letter of demand will be served, hopefully this week followed by the summons. Will entertain the claim to the end and will keep you posted. In the meantime take your precious bikes there for the service, to support his legal expenses   

letter of demand means insurance was rejected either by insurer or you?

Judging by the "advice" given, it's possibly the same oke... Watched too many episodes of suites I reckon.

They should rename this thread

"One man who had his bike stolen Vs 500 internet lawyers who watch suites"