Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 1992 (Cape Town)

CEMEH

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing a disclaimer is one aspect... Sadly your bike is gone

Does the shop not have CCTV footage?

Would be interested to know if the staff were investigated?

Everyone feels f@k@l until it's their bike that goes missing... Then the thread would read very differently

If I was you, make it the cops issue to investigate throughly

This won't guarantee your bike back or replaced but hopefully it will make the shop owners a bit more responsible to ensuse better security measures

They don't feel f@k@l, a reasonable person will simply claim from their own insurance when their bikes go missing, as many posters here have done when losing a bike. 

The letter of demand will be served, hopefully this week followed by the summons. Will entertain the claim to the end and will keep you posted. In the meantime take your precious bikes there for the service, to support his legal expenses   

The letter of demand will be served, hopefully this week followed by the summons. Will entertain the claim to the end and will keep you posted. In the meantime take your precious bikes there for the service, to support his legal expenses   

Which could actually turn into your forthcoming legal expenses.

But hey, here we are 2.0

Cool a pro-bono letter of demand that will be responded to.  If you legal mate advises you that you will get a quick summary judgement, he is sadly mistaken and misguiding you.

You will then be in for submission fees to court and advocate fees should you wish to consider it, which will likely cost more than the bike.

Nothing like throwing your money away, good luck with that !!

Everyone feels f@k@l until it's their bike that goes missing... Then the thread would read very differently

I reckon the original thread would have read very differently if the OP had made his post and asked people to be on the lookout for his bike instead of coming to Bikehub wielding a flame thrower and seeking pitty and also not called everyone morons for not agreeing with him.

Cool a pro-bono letter of demand that will be responded to.  If you legal mate advises you that you will get a quick summary judgement, he is sadly mistaken and misguiding you.

You will then be in for submission fees to court and advocate fees should you wish to consider it, which will likely cost more than the bike.

Nothing like throwing your money away, good luck with that !!

How dare you offer sound legal advice here. The OP and his attorney mate are right and that's that!!

whoa boy

after a letter of demand you have to wait 2 weeks to get a response before issuing a summons

and if i was the bike shop i would get a friendly lawyer to draw up an answering affidavit including the indemnity signed by you and tell you to take your letter of demand and file it in file 13

no court after been given a copy of the indemnity will ever issue a summons when you signed you signed away all rights to make the shop responsible

believe you me courts dont issue summons based on one side of the argument

and his signed indemnity will trump any reasons you might think of to summons him

good luck to you, I would like to say you a person who knows nothing about law

but ill be nice and say you very misinformed

whoa boy

and if i was the bike shop i would get a friendly lawyer to draw up an answering affidavit including the indemnity signed by you and tell you to take your letter of demand and file it in file 13 hand the matter over to my insurance company whose legal department will be well versed in these matters and will carry the cost (until you lose).

whoa boy

and if i was the bike shop i would get a friendly lawyer to draw up an answering affidavit including the indemnity signed by you and tell you to take your letter of demand and file it in file 13 hand the matter over to my insurance company whose legal department will be well versed in these matters and will carry the cost (until you lose). Which legal department is also well versed in claiming their costs for frivolous law suits.

:whistling:

This poor horse.... 

It's now a zombie horse and is trying to get away, but keeps getting brought back for some more beating.

I am pretty sure it has also been led to the water several times, but won't drink. Because zombie.

Thank you for finally naming the shop.

I will go and spend my money there when I go to Cape Town in April to compensate them for having had to deal with a customer  like you.

BikeHub 'year in review' should have a 'comment of the year section', and this should be it.