Best road bike for 30k budget

chefzo

didn't know that site. Glad to see the value for my bike is higher than what I paid for it almost a year ago.

but 2nd hand value is very different according to the market, I don't really see how what an american site says applies for the SA market. Plus with all the clowns that automatically offer you 10k less than your asking price no matter how you price your item, you kind of have to price a bit higher anyways

Yeah, I don't think the site is bullet proof with regards to price estimations, just a good indicator.

At the end of the day the bike is worth what someone is willing to pay for it

Seller said price was negotiable  - I would have offered R30k odd.  

Great frame - good spec,  Probably abt 7.5kg. 

True, but also tech that is 5 years old already. Also, bike has obviously been ridden in the past 5 years so you have to factor in the depreciation. It's been discussed before https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/141242-determining-the-value-to-sell-your-second-hand-bike-at; I think a figure was mentioned of 20% off when you walk out the shop (ie second hand, irrespective of age) and then 10% pa thereafter. Seems to be a pretty good guideline (although with the current shortage of bikes you might be able to do a little bit better)

True, but also tech that is 5 years old already. Also, bike has obviously been ridden in the past 5 years so you have to factor in the depreciation. It's been discussed before https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/141242-determining-the-value-to-sell-your-second-hand-bike-at; I think a figure was mentioned of 20% off when you walk out the shop (ie second hand, irrespective of age) and then 10% pa thereafter. Seems to be a pretty good guideline (although with the current shortage of bikes you might be able to do a little bit better)

Agree..

But consider this - the tech difference is marginal to say the least. Both frame and parts.

But I am bit different...I am very used NOT to ride the latest & greatest, whilst still getting pretty good results.  My training bike is a 2004 Giant TCR carbon with a 10spd Centaur groupset that is just getting to wear in nicely.  I even do the occasional Vets race with it.

Edited by Underachiever