947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

I requstd a re-seeding yesterday and they sent me a whatsapp this morning to confirm it has been done to the batch I requested

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 117 said:

I requstd a re-seeding yesterday and they sent me a whatsapp this morning to confirm it has been done to the batch I requested

Nothing received yet.
Requested yesterday also.  

I decided to send them an email stating my concern that i've not received seeding.

I clicked on the link in the email with seeding that I received for the guy at work that I helped. Guess what, the email address is wrong, it has ridejoburg.com instead of .co.za

39 minutes ago, 117 said:

why not try the organisers whatsapp line? 

actually they responded rather quickly. Got a whatsapp with my seeding.

Its wrong.

But I'll make the most of it from group I . At least I know I'm in the "race" now,

Edit:

Lets see, have requested a reseeding a few groups forward.

Edited by The Ouzo

1 hour ago, Spinnekop said:

Nothing received yet.
Requested yesterday also.  

Like wise. Two days in already

Last year did a 02:45 in Batch B.

Was seeded in Batch E. Asked for a reseed into Batch B again and received the below Whatsapp response today:

We declined your request.

Factors we consider when reviewing a seeding request:
- We only move riders to an earlier batch based on merit
- Space availability in the requested batch 

All the best
Team Ride Joburg

Looking at my own history of entering races over the years, you can clearly see a pattern.

I wont muck around with bad seeding or service if I was a race organiser these days........
After 22 of these I just might call it quits and never do it again.

123.jpg

49 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

I wont muck around with bad seeding or service if I was a race organiser these days........
After 22 of these I just might call it quits and never do it again.

Agreed on the poor service, or false promises/marketing (think of some other organisers closer to your 'hood).

For me, the appeal of closed roads trumps a poor seeding, so I'll enter this event as long as it remains much the same it has been over the years. If I do get a poor seeding one day, it's sign I need to make the most of the day and take it chilled.

On 10/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, Frosty said:

Peak Timing did the physical timing, and they use FinishTime’s database.

Anybody that may know where the seeding issue resides ?

Peak timing ?

OR

Finish Times database ?

18 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Anybody that may know where the seeding issue resides ?

Peak timing ?

OR

Finish Times database ?

It has nothing to do with Peak Timing. They were the service provider on the day to do the physical timing, i.e. setup the equipment, time everyone, and upload the data to the database.

I'm note sure whether FinishTime or the Organiser would be doing the seeding. It's not mentioned who does the seeding. The organiser does other events, like the Nissan MTB series, some gravel events, etc., so they aren't new to the system of seeding.

It's just odd that someone like @Spinnekop finished inside the top positions on this screenshot below, which is the overall for all 97Km open category riders. The top 11 all rode faster than the winning Elite time, which might be possible with an eBike, but unlikely to be less than 2 hours. Some of these peeps would most likely have entered the 97Km event, and only did the 35Km route. It's not difficult to clear these results, or DQ them. No way a 57yo lady is capable of doing 2:14, and if she is, then she should be riding Elite and qualifying for the R100k prize purse.

I'm leaving the names in the open, as the results are available at this link, so I'm not violating any privacy issues when it's available publicly anyway... https://live.ultimate.dk/desktop/front/index.php?eventid=5880

A tip for the time/position conscious, don't start at the front of your group. The results are listed by nett time (mat to mat) and not gross time (gun to mat). I was in the top 10 for my start group, finishing ahead of a few people I know, yet the results shows I'm half a minute behind them (net time) yet ahead on gross time. Doesn't bother me, but I know some people bragging with their results showing a top 10, but they were closer to top 30 (still a good ride to be there at the finish).
image.png.0cd1a232a67675bae972f5af2d328ce5.png

It is a total mystery as to how the seeding is calculated.

2021 finished in 2.57 and was seeded in D for 2022

2022 had a chilled ride and finished in 3.40

2023 seeding CC WTF.

Still waiting for reseeding feedback

Following on from my earlier post around my 6 year old being seeded in KK.

I sent an email to the general email and requested it be corrected. I then went onto Howler last night and saw there was some info missing on my entry ( early bird last year). Completed those, and got the " success" message.

When I downloaded my ticket though, once again, the youngling's details were showing.

Sent another email this morning, included my entry confirmation and both current tickets. Response was that my email is not clear. So I typed slowly and explained again.

Then got a link requesting to update details again........

Now we wait

16 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It has nothing to do with Peak Timing. They were the service provider on the day to do the physical timing, i.e. setup the equipment, time everyone, and upload the data to the database.

I'm note sure whether FinishTime or the Organiser would be doing the seeding. It's not mentioned who does the seeding. The organiser does other events, like the Nissan MTB series, some gravel events, etc., so they aren't new to the system of seeding.

It's just odd that someone like @Spinnekop finished inside the top positions on this screenshot below, which is the overall for all 97Km open category riders. The top 11 all rode faster than the winning Elite time, which might be possible with an eBike, but unlikely to be less than 2 hours. Some of these peeps would most likely have entered the 97Km event, and only did the 35Km route. It's not difficult to clear these results, or DQ them. No way a 57yo lady is capable of doing 2:14, and if she is, then she should be riding Elite and qualifying for the R100k prize purse.

I'm leaving the names in the open, as the results are available at this link, so I'm not violating any privacy issues when it's available publicly anyway... https://live.ultimate.dk/desktop/front/index.php?eventid=5880

A tip for the time/position conscious, don't start at the front of your group. The results are listed by nett time (mat to mat) and not gross time (gun to mat). I was in the top 10 for my start group, finishing ahead of a few people I know, yet the results shows I'm half a minute behind them (net time) yet ahead on gross time. Doesn't bother me, but I know some people bragging with their results showing a top 10, but they were closer to top 30 (still a good ride to be there at the finish).
image.png.0cd1a232a67675bae972f5af2d328ce5.png

FinishTime most certainly messed up last weekend with Durbie Dash.

I was entered as an e.bike, different group selection on the entry page.  Even confirmed in my race email.

Finish Time added e.bikes race times with the others.  Thus somebody in my age group got bumped down to 23rd position .... NOT RIGHT ...  

PS - My e.bike has its legit speed assist limiter, so I am some 58 minutes off the winning time.  Still, my time may well have impacted somebodies PB position .....

At least RaceTech kept the times separate.

2 minutes ago, WR 1.0 said:

Following on from my earlier post around my 6 year old being seeded in KK.

I sent an email to the general email and requested it be corrected. I then went onto Howler last night and saw there was some info missing on my entry ( early bird last year). Completed those, and got the " success" message.

When I downloaded my ticket though, once again, the youngling's details were showing.

Sent another email this morning, included my entry confirmation and both current tickets. Response was that my email is not clear. So I typed slowly and explained again.

Then got a link requesting to update details again........

Now we wait

.....typed slowly .... 🤣

Had a session with a Discovery Health call centre lady today .... I was "speaking slowly" at the end .... thankfully got transferred to somebody that got my question the first time round and was able to answer me the first time round.

HOPE you get a more alert response next time round 😉