Greg Minnaar Cycles

Bundu Ric

On 5/11/2021 at 9:13 AM, Stretch said:

Was my go to shop for spares. My only small gripe I ever had was that when they opened the new shop the one in town got neglected a bit. Is the town shop still running?

Hey Stretch, the town store closed a few years ago.

Just now, Spoke101 said:

Hey Stretch, the town store closed a few years ago.

Makes sense to consolidate everything into the one store. I always just used to use the town one because it because it was convenient from Wembley. That shop was like an institution though! lots of my moola got funnelled into it ????

So just to further blow some trumpets.

I've been eyeballing bikes for a while and stock being low all around the bike I was looking for was like looking for hens teeth. I read the forum on Monday about the GMC service. So Tuesday morning I pop a mail through to them, get a reply Tuesday morning. They have the bike and spec I'm interested in but there's someone else also interested in it. They will find out if the other party is still interested and get back to me. Tuesday, lunchtime they get back to me, the bike is available. A couple of mail back and forth with some other details needed. End of the story is that it's been invoiced, paid for and will be shipped today. So thanks to Bundu Ric for posting about the good service and thanks to GMC for awesome service!

So all in all very happy camper.

2 minutes ago, Stretch said:

SC in a specialized box...very clever..no one will want to steal it en route thinking it was a specialized

Haha, post of the day!

I bought a bike in PMB once in an auction  and needed it packed and shipped .They were the only shop willing to fetch ,pack and ship it to Gauteng .There is another shop nearby  that just told me they weren't interested .So in future my business will go GM way 

Also has a great experience with them earlier in the year. Was in the market during the peak of the 2nd Covid wave and didn't want to really go into shops. That said stocks were at the lowest levels ever. Engaged with them online across multiple platforms and their response was super and consistent. I wanted a few upgrades and they ensured that all was taken of to ensure a happy customer. 

Great customer interaction and updates via pictures as the bike was built. Highly recommended local bike shop with great online service.

• 1 month later...

Popped in at GMC earlier as I am in PMB at the moment. Wasn’t looking to buy anything but thanks for the chat Kyle, you have probably planted a seed with the Santa Cruz Blur! 

On 5/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, eala said:

I bought a bike in PMB once in an auction  and needed it packed and shipped .They were the only shop willing to fetch ,pack and ship it to Gauteng .There is another shop nearby  that just told me they weren't interested .So in future my business will go GM way 

Cough cough JC