Stages PM Crank length issue

fanievb

Fanie have you tried factory resetting the Garmin? It appears you need to clear its flash memory.

I discovered the issue came after a factory reset of the head unit

I have 2 pick up things, one goes around the rear hub and one on the crank, so ja guess you could call them the magnet on the wheel(same concept as the original magnet on the spoke, just "fancier"). I usually just leave them on my IDT bike(road bike) but once wanted to do a comparison of cadence between indoor vs outdoor so moved it to my 29er for a few rides. That is when it did it. Have never seen it do it again.

Ahh so you have the new type :-)

Same here on the rear wheel, so garmin will calculate the wheel size at the start of every ride. In theory as your tyre wears down it still stay very accurate (not sure if 1mm matters ) 

My Garmin is set on all the profiles except for the (IDT profile where I set the wheel size) to automatic

I discovered the issue came after a factory reset of the head unit

YOu may have to do this again. I had a similar issue with my garmin 1000 a few years back when I wouldn't recognise the HRM strap. Kept recalling an older strap. after the 3rd factory reset it worked fine and recognised all the sensors correctly. Thanksfully it died a few months later and was replaced under warranty with the 1030

YOu may have to do this again. I had a similar issue with my garmin 1000 a few years back when I wouldn't recognise the HRM strap. Kept recalling an older strap. after the 3rd factory reset it worked fine and recognised all the sensors correctly. Thanksfully it died a few months later and was replaced under warranty with the 1030

I hope not

it's a pain in the ass to set up data screen etc.

b27966140db68d0621628f2309f8a443.gif

Try this? 

Hold Menu symbol or MENU.
Select Settings > Sensors & Accessories > Power.
Select your sensor.
Select Crank Length.

Enter the crank length, and select

Stages have replied

Hi Fanie. For crank-based power meters, the head unit does not need to know the crank length (since it is hard programmed into the power meter). It is probably just displaying the default length. This feature is only needed to set the crank length on pedal-based power meters where you use the head unit to program in the length (since pedals can be swapped between cranks). Hope this helps!

Nope ???? The power meter sends "Torque" (and rpm) to the head unit so it already has crank length factored in before it gets to your watch.

https://www.facebook.com/StagesCycling/posts/3718848188244401