Melrose arch Cycle Shop gone Trek-why?

OVERDRIVE

1 minute ago, copperhead said:

I absolutely disagree. He does clean his bike. This is a common issue with this Trek range. Also no other brand that I have seen looks like this. Shoddy workmanship to say the least. You welcome to your opinion. I am also pretty sure these frames should be treated properly before they are painted. 

I once caused all the paint on my SIR9 to bubble and lift on the top tube and around the gusset. I scratched the paint there and never touched it up. My sweat oozed in there and over time caused really bad corrosion. 

I know of other heavy sweaters who put clear wrap and/or nail polish over any exposed bits to prevent issues.

It might be something as simple as a steel bearing in an alu seat without enough grease being bridged by the sweat. 

7 minutes ago, Hairy said:

you always struck me as someone who would wear a small or a medium sweater, not a massive sweater .... unless you going all "Gansta" and wearing oversized clothing these days!

Buffoon..... Living my best Bjork lyf

44 minutes ago, copperhead said:

He sweats like a thief ...

You just summed up my cycling experiences...to the tee. I am always sweating like the inner folds of a humid hippo's bum in the dead of summer whenever I mount my steed. The difference is my Spez Camber alu frame has held up beautifully under all the mess I insist on percolating all over it. going almost 4 years so far.

46 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

You just summed up my cycling experiences...to the tee. I am always sweating like the inner folds of a humid hippo's bum in the dead of summer whenever I mount my steed. The difference is my Spez Camber alu frame has held up beautifully under all the mess I insist on percolating all over it. going almost 4 years so far.

????

My dad was the same, "No Nissan will ever reside on this yard", all because he once had a bad experience with one car that was not even his.

My 2013 Trek Rumblefish is still going strong so dissing the entire company because of 1 bike is a bit much Copperhead. Maybe take things on a case by case basis.

Edited by Vilgrim

5 hours ago, MORNE said:

maybe a metal version?...but carbon bikes can indeed 'corrode'...as in galvanic corrosion. everywhere you have metals touching the carbon it can cause a mess in the right/wrong conditions due to the fact that carbon fibre is conductive.

places like this for example.

or a metal seatpost, or headset, or steerer, or stem etc etc etc lol

gc.JPG

What in the actual ****!!!

5 hours ago, 6th Mass Extinction said:

Sorry, I just assumed most people rode carbon these days ????

I once say a guy who put cling wrap on his frame to prevent sweat corrosion, so I guess it does happen.

Cling wrap? the hell???