Melrose arch Cycle Shop gone Trek-why?

OVERDRIVE

Was at the Arch the other day and saw the cycle shop left Spez and went Trek-anyone know why or just business? 

• 3 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 8:56 PM, Danger Dassie said:

Over a year ago now. Just business.

Geez, it got quite ugly actually. Funny, the Yeti thing also went the same way. I actually have fond memories of the latter...

More Trek concept stores in the pipeline too. (inside info). They obviously want some of that spez pie lol. This is the future of cookie cutter brand stores. 

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

More Trek concept stores in the pipeline too. (inside info). They obviously want some of that spez pie lol. This is the future of cookie cutter brand stores. 

To be fair, over the last 3 or so years Trek have been really making some great bikes and it was inevitable given the bikes and riders they have been paying to race their bikes that they were going to be going large.

Best wishes to them I say.

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

Trek don't warranty any corrosion. My mates bike at a year old looks like trash. Surely a good paint job should be able to handle a bit of sweat! Anyway no Trek products for him ever again. 

Will keep an eye on a friends Slash ... he got it a few months ago and it is still looking good as new ... and he gets out to ride a lot.

26 minutes ago, Hairy said:

To be fair, over the last 3 or so years Trek have been really making some great bikes and it was inevitable given the bikes and riders they have been paying to race their bikes that they were going to be going large.

Best wishes to them I say.

Their bikes certainly appeal more to me lately, but to me, they're a like Scott. They still persist with proprietary nonsense like their thru shaft reactiv shocks, knock block.

At least they got the down tube twat box now, which is way better than that stupid hidden shocks that Scott employs. They just need to sort out their seat tubes - actual angels are way too slack due to that kink, and too short to run a decent length dropper. Their alloy fuel ex frames are pretty sexy though.

Edited by stefmeister

5 hours ago, stefmeister said:

Their bikes certainly appeal more to me lately, but to me, they're a like Scott. They still persist with proprietary nonsense like their thru shaft reactiv shocks, knock block.

At least they got the down tube twat box now, which is way better than that stupid hidden shocks that Scott employs. They just need to sort out their seat tubes - actual angels are way too slack due to that kink, and too short to run a decent length dropper. Their alloy fuel ex frames are pretty sexy though.

They also make road bikes...

6 hours ago, MORNE said:

I hate these single brand stores. 

8 hours ago, copperhead said:

Trek don't warranty any corrosion. My mates bike at a year old looks like trash. Surely a good paint job should be able to handle a bit of sweat! Anyway no Trek products for him ever again. 

I didn't know carbon could corrode?

maybe a metal version?...but carbon bikes can indeed 'corrode'...as in galvanic corrosion. everywhere you have metals touching the carbon it can cause a mess in the right/wrong conditions due to the fact that carbon fibre is conductive.

places like this for example.

or a metal seatpost, or headset, or steerer, or stem etc etc etc lol

gc.JPG

12 minutes ago, copperhead said:

It is an aluminum bike. Around the headset area. He sweats like a thief but still after one year it looks absolutely terrible. And they won't do anything. Never seen that on any other bike.

It does say to wipe down the bike after use and clean often. 

I'm a massive sweater and white stuff grows out of my headset spacers and stem bolts. The corrosion from that is a maintenance issue, not a factory defect. 

I don't usually have an opinion on stuff like this but the sweat/corrosion thing is not their fault. Your mate should have wiped/sprayed his bike down a bit more often.

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It does say to wipe down the bike after use and clean often. 

I'm a massive sweater and white stuff grows out of my headset spacers and stem bolts. The corrosion from that is a maintenance issue, not a factory defect. 

I don't usually have an opinion on stuff like this but the sweat/corrosion thing is not their fault. Your mate should have wiped/sprayed his bike down a bit more often.

you always struck me as someone who would wear a small or a medium sweater, not a massive sweater .... unless you going all "Gansta" and wearing oversized clothing these days!

5 minutes ago, copperhead said:

It is an aluminum bike. Around the headset area. He sweats like a thief but still after one year it looks absolutely terrible. And they won't do anything. Never seen that on any other bike.

Sorry, I just assumed most people rode carbon these days ????

I once say a guy who put cling wrap on his frame to prevent sweat corrosion, so I guess it does happen.