80s Hansom road bike build

achmadj

Finally kicked off my Hansom Super prestige Grand Sport road bike build - 62cm is fairly large frame, looks beautiful in its Candy Apple Red ????

I had some Pearl paint mixed up for touch ups, wasn’t cheap but worth it. 

Started with the degrease and cleaning of the headset bearings and compenents ...  awaiting a BB tool for the sealed cartridge, then will inspect and see if I should rather replace if needed... 

Baby steps ...

C905BC1B-D600-4A9E-88A3-8D8045F17961.jpeg

6B8A2E8D-034D-44D8-9E3F-F63D3E7ADEB2.jpeg

Beautiful and very desirable 121 wagon Tim... of course to load some bikes in and on for those long road trips ????

13 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Is that an E30 in the background? More of that as well please.

That's an e28, 520i, beautiful and fun car to drive... sold it end of last year as it wasn't ideal as a daily driver, but ...i do have an e30 318i project i'm working with my youngest son... 

11 hours ago, Tim Brink said:

Can we turn this into a non-cycling Volvo thread?

NOTE For cycling relevance, Cannondale used one of these in a poster in 1980something... Not this one, though. Funnest dad car ever. 

20210424_092202.jpg

20210424_093926.jpg

20210424_094753.jpg

Tim, u part of the SA Volvo club? 

37 minutes ago, achmadj said:

That's an e28, 520i, beautiful and fun car to drive... sold it end of last year as it wasn't ideal as a daily driver, but ...i do have an e30 318i project i'm working with my youngest son... 

Lekker man. We got an E24 635csi that was complete but in pieces. The engine had thrown a piston through he block. It has the alpina body kit on. Then somehow the rear bumper went missing. The project hasn't progressed since. It will be advertised sometime in the near future as we have too many car projects and not enough time/money.

image.png.8d603a64a19fe834aa8c3ce6dde1858f.png

Beeyootiful 122! I too have a '80s E30, a Baur TC2 top convertible 325i in great original condition. Whenever I drive it beyond the neighbourhood it gets way too much attention and offers, mostly from cops and gangsters. About the same thing really… 

Am very much looking forward to seeing more of your Hansom build.

3 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Lekker man. We got an E24 635csi that was complete but in pieces. The engine had thrown a piston through he block. It has the alpina body kit on. Then somehow the rear bumper went missing. The project hasn't progressed since. It will be advertised sometime in the near future as we have too many car projects and not enough time/money.

Now that is a car ... we should keep in touch, i know a few guys with e24's csi's, and may even have a spare bumper... ive had my fair share of projects, had a nice 33ci cabrio, a 500 SL, a p1800, etc.. for now i just need to focus on this one, and help my boys with there projects :)

3 hours ago, Spirog said:

I know it's rude to keep a forum topic on subject... but here's my 80's Hansom rebuild

IMG_0044.JPG.7d39e6c5ba73f2b5c9f4db83db5c381a.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

@Spirogwow - now this is beautiful detail on this bike.  I'm still trying to decide whether to go Red or White handle bar tape, i like the red cable touches... 

3 hours ago, Spirog said:

I know it's rude to keep a forum topic on subject... but here's my 80's Hansom rebuild

IMG_0044.JPG.7d39e6c5ba73f2b5c9f4db83db5c381a.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG