Events that are getting postponed again...

Robbie Stewart

2 hours ago, TNT1 said:

I thought the prevailing wisdom was that it's better and comparable in price to rather go ride in the alps for a week? 3 weeks

There I fixed it for you. 

But I can't comment on which is better as I've only done the Alps thing and not the Epic.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

What's concerning me about the Epic is the other elephant in the room that no one is talking about... the availability of Bike spares ????

All they need is one or two days of good rain and you'll have a cluster f&$* of note happening because no one is carrying enough stock currently to handle a situation like that. Even in the good years, 2 days of wet weather caused total havoc with spare brake pads and drive chains. It's going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I was speaking to one of the local bike shops that do maintenance/service packages for the Epic ....

They are WORRIED about the lack of spares !!!

They may well end up rebuilding and fixing stuff to get riders to the end, as apposed to swop out parts .....

18 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I was speaking to one of the local bike shops that do maintenance/service packages for the Epic ....

They may well end up rebuilding and fixing stuff to get riders to the end, as apposed to swop out parts .....

work load will be high and I reckon many technical support crews are going to wonder if they're not better of cancelling. For many its a grudge/love-of-it representation anyway as its high cost to be there and low return despite the hours out in. having to  now nurse bikes to the end is going to be a much much higher workload

Just now, DieselnDust said:

work load will be high and I reckon many technical support crews are going to wonder if they're not better of cancelling. For many its a grudge/love-of-it representation anyway as its high cost to be there and low return despite the hours out in. having to  now nurse bikes to the end is going to be a much much higher workload

In the heat of battle riders may not want to hear of "lack of spares" ....  

Really hope this works out okay for all concerned.

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

The "heat of battle" as you so succinctly call it is a real factor. I remember one year a bloke flipped is lid because there wasn't a spare brain shock available for his Epic. It didn't help when I chirped he should have bought a Cannondale...

26 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Mon dieu, you mean what they should be doing normally ???? - whatever sarcasm font is supposed to be these days ????

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Some of the pro UCI DH and XCO mechanics are doing just this for some of the parts on their pro riders bikes .......... but then again, the epic riders are more pro than the pro's :P

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

The "heat of battle" as you so succinctly call it is a real factor. I remember one year a bloke flipped is lid because there wasn't a spare brain shock available for his Epic. It didn't help when I chirped he should have bought a Cannondale...

Make them all race on rigid single speeds for this coming epic.

In the heat of battle I have also heard of pro and not so pro throwing their bikes when the frustration levels are very very high.

If the Epic rider bought a Cannondale with a Lefty he would have no Brain, unless he bought classic then got a headshock ........image.png.e9642cb1b3ecbb4dc3784253c675c328.png

Does the Cannondale come with a camelback? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Haha. Didn't realize the Scalpel was such a good bike

but it doesn't have a vertical shock so there's that