Cyclist Down Gallo Manor ... RIP

cyclenut

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/joburg-cyclist-crushed-to-death-in-horrific-crash-involving-taxi-driver-arrested-20211003

Reports from the scene indicate people in the vicinity had to force the driver to stop.

The driver was allegedly drunk.

As if my blood wasn't already boiling after seeing the title of the article.

Hang the bastard.

R.I.P.

Taxis driver kill more people in South Africa than most war torn country in Africa according to statistics per year. The poor passengers take their lives in the hands of these wild drivers daily. Other road users are also at high risk - a common problem in Africa is a break down of law and order. Most African nations are more or less lawless and the same. The government lack the intellect or the rational to control Violent crime and lawless driving. So sad. I just came back from first world Switzerland where you can ride your  bicycle safely and freely people drive carefully and it is it incredible experience and see a first world country.