Wine2Whales 2021

Warrenlee

41 minutes ago, stefmeister said:

Just like cycling fitness, partying  and drinking requires training too to stay ahead. Otherwise you’ll just crash and burn like a nun that walked into woodstock. 

I am totally aware of the drinking requires training too !!! Maybe this is where i am out of my depth , any kind of alcohol stuffs me up completely, i think i had my fair share when studying many moons ago!!!????   

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, JohanDiv said:

It helps if you have a few good mates doing the event with you.. sharing warstories from the race over a few beers afterwards will get your spirit back up quickly!

At the previous Karoo2Coast we spent just over 4 hours on the bike, and close to 6 hours in the beer tent afterwards..but there a bottle of tequila got involved at some point.

I will have to work on my socializing skills........have a few non alcoholic beers etc etc !!!???? ???? Thanks for the advice!! 

11 minutes ago, Help.Me. said:

Hi ACE Cycles , when doing my longer training rides(3-4 hours) i normally take water and a banana, we will stop halfway and do a coffee and scone , when home i will have the usual chocolate milk and then a normal lunch or what ever. I am never that stuffed after my long rides compared to doing a "race/adventure". I am open for suggestions , i did take Game on Ride the Karroo and we indulge  at every water point........... 

Never underestimate nutrition before, during and after training or racing.  It will have a huge impact on performance and recovery.  For example my training partner for Baviaans is a extreme banter and carbs is in the same category as the anti christ. He struggled to keep up after a couple of weeks after hard days and back to back endurance rides and after convincing him to follow a more balanced diet with good carbs his performance literally sky rocketed. 

2 hours ago, Help.Me. said:

I will have to work on my socializing skills........have a few non alcoholic beers etc etc !!!???? ???? Thanks for the advice!! 

Likewise man! I'm a proper lightweight! I literally smell alcohol and I fall over. Non-alcoholic beer for the win! Same great taste and no nasty effect. ????

On 10/17/2021 at 6:25 AM, PhilipV said:

W2W won't go to the Houwteq side of the N2 where the squatter camp is. They'll go from Houw Hoek to Paul Cluver and just stay on the Mountain's side of the road and will be fine. 

TBH I don't think W2W has been in the affected Lebanon trails in years. 

The day 2 route map shows otherwise
Stage2_Map.jpg

On 10/17/2021 at 6:25 AM, PhilipV said:

W2W won't go to the Houwteq side of the N2 where the squatter camp is. They'll go from Houw Hoek to Paul Cluver and just stay on the Mountain's side of the road and will be fine. 

TBH I don't think W2W has been in the affected Lebanon trails in years. 

Looking at the Facebook page it appears as though Lebanon Trails are now permanently closed due to the landgrab. Very sad. I started noticing the shacks when I drove past at the end of June. Couple of the comments seem quite alarmist around it being the beginning of the end of MTB in Grabouw since the landgrabs are set to continue unabated... Must have the organizer's somewhat concerned as events like this could threaten the safety for riders and the event longer term...

Guess question is now how they will mix up Day 2 without that extra loop around Lebanon Trails?

2 hours ago, HenryS said:

The day 2 route map shows otherwise
Stage2_Map.jpg

Jeez. That goes either around the edge of Knoflokskraal, or through some of it. 

Well we'll know for sure after W2W, but I sure as he'll wouldn't ride that side of the N2 on my own anymore. 

Damn i thought it was the houtkappers setiing up houses for them while they work there. Was not aware of the land grabs... that is just sad...

The High court apparently granted a interdict today for the removal of all unoccupied structures and any further shacks being erected. The municipality is looking for alternative land to house to current land grabbers.  The danger however is protest action that will probably follow

Exactly 14 days to go gents! Im feeling great & super excited! Did some hill repearts evening on one of our local favourites (5.5km long @ 5%) 

See you boys soon!????

Race Pack Collection

Lourensford Wine Estate

Chardonnay
Thurs, 4 Nov 2021 | 14h00 – 19h00

Pinotage
Sun, 7 Nov | 09h00 – 15h00

Shiraz
Thurs, 11 Nov 2021 | 14h00 – 19h00

Please note that there will also be the option of late registration on the morning of Stage 1 at Curro Hermanus from 05h30 until the final start group has left.

Collecting your race pack

1. Make sure you have your rider number with you. You will receive this in November before registration. Remember to bring along your ID/Drivers license/Passport.
  2. If you are wanting to make a last minute substitution, the substitutions desk will assist and process this for you. Make sure you do this before collecting your race pack. Substitutions will cost R500 per rider change after 15 October 2021.
  3. Make your way across to the race pack collection station with your rider number and sign the indemnity alongside your name to receive your race pack and goodie ba

Morning fellow riders .

Does W2W supply a duffel bag to pack in all your goods ? Like Sani2C they supply a 80L container .

Thanks 

what does it say in the rider zone where you can view your basket? In recent years it was a jacket with the bag as an optional extra. Or you get a bag and the jacket is an optional extra

The way i understand it is that you can buy the bag as an extra. I was lucky enough to purchase 2 of the large W2W bags that were being sold here on the hub. Got them for a good price and the bags are unbelievable! 

The bags are huge but that said theres also alot to take with.