Wine2Whales 2021

Warrenlee

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the long range weather prediction looks pretty good! After the icy conditions at TB it will be wonderful to have a warm event!

So it turns out due to a slight administration problem we dont have accommodation for the Shiraz weekend. If you know of anything available at your hotels/guesthouses/lodges or any last minute cancellations please send me a PM, Thanks.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:45 AM, Warrenlee said:

So far the long range weather prediction looks pretty good! After the icy conditions at TB it will be wonderful to have a warm event!

Are you in for the Chardonnay? My App predicts rain for Thursday night Friday morning, Then again for Sunday afternoon. So we will get some stray drops somewhere, but nothing to wild. The wind will be more of a factor.Ā 

4 hours ago, Bos said:

Are you in for the Chardonnay? My App predicts rain for Thursday night Friday morning, Then again for Sunday afternoon. So we will get some stray drops somewhere, but nothing to wild. The wind will be more of a factor.Ā 

Yes we are coming down for the chardonnay. Which app are you using? I've been looking at yr.no and also WindGuru. I don't know that area at all so not sure which sites are the most accurate. It definitely seems like the wind is going to give us a hard time.Ā 

7 hours ago, Warrenlee said:

Yes we are coming down for the chardonnay. Which app are you using? I've been looking at yr.no and also WindGuru. I don't know that area at all so not sure which sites are the most accurate. It definitely seems like the wind is going to give us a hard time.Ā 

I've checked Windguru and use to swear by it. But they have had it pretty wrong a few times. I'm more going by the typical patterns which is that often it rains less than predicted, and its usually earlier on or during the night. The wind could a factor though, since we're going in the general NW direction however. It's not predicted to be strong.Ā 

Ā 

Let's forget the weather and start enjoying the leadup!Ā 

Absolutely! Nothing we can do about the weather anyway.Ā 

Going to pack my gear today. I was given a great tip by a friend with loads of stage races behind her to pack all your stuff into Ziplock bags. Lable each bag. It makes total sense and I think the extra effort will be well worth it.Ā 

We leaving tomorrow morning after the manditory swob up the snoz.Ā 

Super grateful to Squirt for making this happen for us! It's a massive privilege!Ā 

1 hour ago, Meezo said:

i have an entry for the w2w race , pm me if interested

Somehow messages canā€™t go through.Ā 
send details please

2 hours ago, JohanMalan said:

Day1 is going to be a fair bit tougher than usual.

Make sure your Granny gears are working well!

Ā 

Enjoy!!

Ā 

Hope the seeding is okay ..... that first stretch could well string out the riders.

Ā 

Ā 

I just LOVE the Hermanus trails.Ā  Hope you all have a stunning tourĀ :thumbup: