Wine2Whales 2021

Warrenlee

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Furbz said:

Does anyone have a GPS route to program into my GPS for the 3 stages?

won't benefit you as the route is in reverse with several new sections thrown in.

Any news on the potential route changes on Day 2 - interested to hear they are going to change things up with the closing of the Lebanon Trails? ????

Edited by Cookie88

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

won't benefit you as the route is in reverse with several new sections thrown in.

sure, but do the organisers not have the route for this year we can download - surely they have ridden the route beforehand?

Edited by Grant B

1 hour ago, Grant B said:

sure, but do the organisers not have the route for this year we can download - surely they have ridden the route beforehand?

oh yeah they have it but no GPS files are published as its all mostly over private land and we know what mountainbikers and respecting "private Property" signs are like.

can't see why anyone would need it anyway as the course is very well marked

Final seeding/ batches schedule to be released tomorrow! I'm pretty sure given the lack of races I have done in the last year my seeding is going to be wrecked! But we will see it as a good opportunity to chase down some of the boys in front of us. This time next week we are on the way to Cape Town!

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

oh yeah they have it but no GPS files are published as its all mostly over private land and we know what mountainbikers and respecting "private Property" signs are like.

can't see why anyone would need it anyway as the course is very well marked

Ja, cool. Sure you realise it's not just about directions right - sometimes cool to know the elevations, when a climb is coming or how long the climb will last while you are on it etc. Anyway, all good, will find out from the organisers.

Route profiles are published on the site.

Is this level of detail vital for podium aspirations? Just curious as I've never had a need for that level of detail. Climbpro might be able to help

53 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Route profiles are published on the site.

Is this level of detail vital for podium aspirations? Just curious as I've never had a need for that level of detail. Climbpro might be able to help

Yip - Going for the win, surprised you had to ask - trust you have been training extra hard, 

3 hours ago, Warrenlee said:

Final seeding/ batches schedule to be released tomorrow! I'm pretty sure given the lack of races I have done in the last year my seeding is going to be wrecked! But we will see it as a good opportunity to chase down some of the boys in front of us. This time next week we are on the way to Cape Town!

Its already up in team format.

2 hours ago, Grant B said:

Yip - Going for the win, surprised you had to ask - trust you have been training extra hard, 

Epo prepacked and motorman has his batteries charged and stashed on route 

18 hours ago, copperhead said:

There is absolutely nothing too hard or technical in this race. You do this race for fun and not statistics. Get your riding partner and have the best time of your life. This is how W2W goes. And every night is phuzza night. 

I very much doubt the organizers will post up too much a week or so before. As mentioned most of this race is on private land. One year we did it they had to change the route because some some piece of bird excrement thought he was allowed to ride the trail when he sore fit. 

okes get too technical.

It's pretty simple.

If you're tired, you're going uphill. If you're having fun, you're going downhill. Otherwise just follow the oke in front of you - unless you're near the bar, then take no prisoners and get to the front ASAP.

A week to go!

Excited for this. I've picked up a bit of a chest cold, which is hanging on longer than I'd like after a surf last weekend. Haven't ridden this week as I'm on the taper ;)Better come right soon! Will do a last 2 hour endurance ride tomorrow regardless, and then its rock and roll! Thinking about bike technicalities.. Maybe want to get a holy rail so I can fit a larger bottle... could also just live with a bottle in the hip pack.

..puzzling