Orbea Oiz in South Africa

GRG

On 3/31/2022 at 9:43 PM, Eldron said:

I've just become an Orbea dealer over here. Amazing bikes and competitive pricing. Now to get my hands on a Oiz and Terra so I can start understanding the bikes a bit more.  Orca Aero to follow 🙂

Where are you located?

Need to get hold of a dropout..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, GRG said:

Where are you located?

Need to get hold of a dropout..

Check with CycleLab, i also needed one, and spoke to them end of 2021 and they mentioned that it should arrive in February/March if I recall correctly. I did however get hold of one (not from CycleLab)

• 7 months later...

subtle changes to keep in vogue with the latest internet driven trends.

The numbers look reasonable enough to go up and down quickly. I'm guessing they lowered the antisquat a bit as well.

Pricing looks phenomenal value compared to some brands and there's a budget friendly alloy version as well.

16 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

subtle changes to keep in vogue with the latest internet driven trends.

The numbers look reasonable enough to go up and down quickly. I'm guessing they lowered the antisquat a bit as well.

Pricing looks phenomenal value compared to some brands and there's a budget friendly alloy version as well.

That XT version, looked twice, price is good. 

D&D your thoughts on the Allied BC40, reading, eyeing that bike the last two months, just very expensive US made.

Edited by DJuice
Correction of bike name

23 hours ago, DJuice said:

That XT version, looked twice, price is good. 

D&D your thoughts on the Allied BC40, reading, eyeing that bike the last two months, just very expensive US made.

I’d like to try one. On paper it’s very similar to the Transition Spur which says a lot and nothing at all.

review cons are the linkage can foul knees and thighs which would be a deal breaker for me. Other than that it looks like a great do it all in SA option

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I’d like to try one. On paper it’s very similar to the Transition Spur which says a lot and nothing at all.

review cons are the linkage can foul knees and thighs which would be a deal breaker for me. Other than that it looks like a great do it all in SA option

@DieselnDust, thank you for the feedback. That limited edition version...beautiful. Will probably never see one in my woods or lack thereof.

15 minutes ago, DJuice said:

@DieselnDust, thank you for the feedback. That limited edition version...beautiful. Will probably never see one in my woods or lack thereof.

It’s a great looking bike and for their first attempt I’m yet to find a bad review 

• 5 weeks later...

Just took delivery of my Orbea Oiz M10 TR from CWC and can not wait to hit them trails !!  

I was not convinced with the color from internet imagery, but boy I am VERY impressed.

120mm of travel is more than enough for a XCO wannabee like myself, and I'll have my bread buttered on both sides, as I do enjoy the longer marathon events too.  

Can already see myself tiptoeing around initially and pulling faces each time I hear the smallest of pebble or stone hit the frame 🙂

DSC00052-1.jpg

Edited by Morne Veer

• 2 months later...

Great reading all of these posts about the Orbea Oiz since it is one I am considering (upgrading from Scott Spark 920). 

A few months on and I'm assuming there are more hubbers to weigh in on their experience? Cycle lab actively marketing these bikes. Anyone had to invoke the lifetime warranty on frame yet and how was that experience?

Looks like good value compared to similar bikes in the range.

Mine had developed one hell of a creak. I’m suspecting that stupid press fit bottom bracket. 

Maybe done 600km so far with no issues otherwise. Deore groupset is flawless. 

Edited by Steady Spin

10 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Mine had developed one hell of a creak. I’m suspecting that stupid press fit bottom bracket. 

Maybe done 600km so far with no issues otherwise. Deore groupset is flawless. 

Seems that thankfully, industry is moving away from pressfit BB's, and the 2023 Oiz frames now all come standard with screw in BB's, as with so many other brands doing the same.

Fortunately I have not had any squeak or creak BB related issue, but know from experience on other bikes, they do provide you with these quite handsomely. 

Absolutely in love with the Oiz and it is a more than capable xc racing bike, as it is a marathon bike, and believe me, is a pleasure to lock-out and do your favorite coastal coffee cruise.

Orbea are most surely getting stuck into the SA consumer market quickly, with a number of them seen at the recent Trailseeker as well as the Imbuko Big 5 yesterday.