Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

I don’t know what to think, GT didn’t do the 2020 Tour, so no idea how he performs in an Individual Climb Trial. Here’s the head to head in ITTs, and then the link to see all races when they were together.

IMG_1229.png.5777dfae26e5a522047f9aae2dbbfc07.png

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider-vs-rider/geraint-thomas/primoz-roglic/same-race-results

From that results its advantage Roglic, IF he can find his TT legs from somewhere ... 🤪

Edit: Would be interesting to see distance, terrain and time dif for these results, that will give some proper insights.

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Riding for Ash-ta-naah in his final season, this will likely be his penultimate Grand Tour. I suspect that he will roll tomorrow and then aim for a sprint win on Wednesday before the rest of the Giro climbs up to the heavens on Thu-Sat.

What a career on the road, not to mention track success. This includes the rainbow jersey and that spectacular win at Milan San-Remo.

IMG_0935.jpeg

Crazy to think that over an 18 year career, he has only raced for just under 3.5 years of it😂 

51 minutes ago, TheoG said:

From that results its advantage Roglic, IF he can find his TT legs from somewhere ... 🤪

Edit: Would be interesting to see distance, terrain and time dif for these results, that will give some proper insights.

I am thinking that PR will do well in this TT, we all know he is a great climber and it should suite him well. 

Week 3

Bodies will be sapped beyond the ordinary from lots of cold and wet weather. Staying healthy will be a key 'performance area', nevermind the GC favourites exploding the race up the climbs.

It's a moerse long one just over 203 kms today with 5,200 metres of vert. It is likely to be the breakaway's day with the GC trains keeping it 320-350 watts up the first few climbs until the race craft will be deployed in the finale - 21 kms at average 6.7%, met eish.

Pinot wants the mountain's jersey. It is gonna be another sword fight between him and Movistar's Rubio, I suspect. While they are watching each other, I am hoping Cepeda on his Cannondale can escape. 

Almeida needs time on Gee and the Slovenian ski jumper. It will be handy to have a time advantage for the top 2 before the mountain TT. Gonna be dramatic.

It promises to be sunny and about 25 degrees celsius on the valley floor. If you wanted to work from home, this would be the day, hey, just saying. I can write you a sick letter.

I work until 19h00. *weeps, snot en trane*spacer.png

.. man would I like to be on the Team bus listening to the game plan! Especially Bahrain…🤔

Same Primoz who beat remco & almeida in catalunya just the other day? Or is he feeling affects of going down 17 times since the start of the race 

🫣

11 hours ago, babse said:

Same Primoz who beat remco & almeida in catalunya just the other day? Or is he feeling affects of going down 17 times since the start of the race 

🫣

Hoping it was just a bit of a bad day and his legs find form. Wondering if Almeida dug a bit too deep already? 

45 minutes ago, devvydoesdonuts said:

Hoping it was just a bit of a bad day and his legs find form. Wondering if Almeida dug a bit too deep already? 

Almeida looked like he was really hurting. Could be just the way he rides but i guess we’ll see how it plays out. I think the time trial being uphill, gives him much more of a chance that if it was just a standard uphill.

G looks like he’s in amazing shape. If I’m a betting man, I’m probably leaning to G for the overall.

13 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Almeida looked like he was really hurting. Could be just the way he rides but i guess we’ll see how it plays out. I think the time trial being uphill, gives him much more of a chance that if it was just a standard uphill.

G looks like he’s in amazing shape. If I’m a betting man, I’m probably leaning to G for the overall.

Agree with you on GT. Rog looked not up to speed yesterday. Kuss practically dragged him to the line. That surely wasn't the plan.

3 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

Agree with you on GT. Rog looked not up to speed yesterday. Kuss practically dragged him to the line. That surely wasn't the plan.

Once I saw the two bumblebees left I thought surely PR was going to go on the attack having an extra man, but clearly didn't have the legs yesterday. He was lucky to have still had SK once GT bridged the gap to Almeida, otherwise his GC hopes would more than likely have been over. 

27 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Almeida is fortunate that he is younger than PR and GT so will be able to recover just that bit quicker, but wondering if he can fight right through to the end. 

GT is looking good, coud this be something of a swansong for him?

I’m okay with GT winning; he’s had a good career with some bad luck at certain times. I also wish that everyone is in peak condition, so we get the best out of everyone. Pity Remco had to leave, as it might have been a different narrative. 

23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I’m okay with GT winning; he’s had a good career with some bad luck at certain times. I also wish that everyone is in peak condition, so we get the best out of everyone. Pity Remco had to leave, as it might have been a different narrative. 

I don't think many people would begrudge him that. TdF winner with a bit of an asterisk, but he smudged that with a podium finish last year,

Imagine him winning this and then aiming at Vuelta to complete the triple?

Yeah this guy!

Geraint Thomas

what a GC factory this place was!

kenyan-chris-froome-sta.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c=CPAiBCwb4gF4LN-88zmsXOroFZCISFySt2o71AcJ2Aw=

50 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I hope Kuss got a bonus yesterday. If Rog can win this tour it was the effort of Kuss to keep him in touch yesterday that does a lot of it. Unhitched with 5km to go and only loses 25sec? Incredible management of a poked rider