Scott Spark 2022 - Suspension Review?

AllAboutRides

Mirrag Hubbers!

Enige van julle wat al 'n nuwe Spark het of gery het?

Wil graag uit vind oor die suspensie agter, by LBS gehoor dat daar pivot issues is, so nou moet jy elke keer die shock aflblaas , oop maak onder die frame (glo die nuwe tegnologie) en dan pivot vas draai en dan weer shock opblaas? Klink na moeite en ek oorweeg dalk in toekoms een.

Neem kennis ek is geen bike mechanic nie en het nog nooit kennis gehad oor die tipe goed nie so ek hoop ek verduidelik reg ????

Julle terugvoering oor die suspensie en general review van die spark sal nice wees.

Dankie

If I had the money, I don't think I would buy the new Scott Spark.  I don't have any experience with the bike, but the access to the shock is my only concern.  Probably not as bad as I think it is (this is my personal preference).

Oh, and the looks.  There is prettier bikes on the market.????????

58 minutes ago, AllAboutRides said:

Mirrag Hubbers!

Wil graag uit vind oor die suspensie agter, by LBS gehoor dat daar pivot issues is, so nou moet jy elke keer die shock aflblaas , oop maak onder die frame (glo die nuwe tegnologie) en dan pivot vas draai en dan weer shock opblaas? Klink na moeite en ek oorweeg dalk in toekoms een.

Neem kennis ek is geen bike mechanic nie en het nog nooit kennis gehad oor die tipe goed nie so ek hoop ek verduidelik reg ????

Julle terugvoering oor die suspensie en general review van die spark sal nice wees.

Dankie

Hoekom sit die LBS nie net loctite in die eerste keer wat hulle dit doen nie? 

Dan gaan dit mos nie weer los draai nie? 

My Genius  se pivot bolts moes na die eerste paar rides weer vasgetrek word. Die lbs het als afgehaal, grease en loctite opgesit waar nodig, en 'n jaar later het ek nog nie weer 'n bout moes vastrek nie. 

2 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

My Genius  se pivot bolts moes na die eerste paar rides weer vasgetrek word. Die lbs het als afgehaal, grease en loctite opgesit waar nodig, en 'n jaar later het ek nog nie weer 'n bout moes vastrek nie. 

Ek weet nie hoekom nie, juis die rede hoekom ek vra.

Het ook nog nie die fiets nie, maar dit is goed om te weet en jou voorstel maak sin.

If you dont have the same 150k you'll spend on the bike to give to your mechanic over the next two years then don't buy this bike.

OP this doesn't relate to what you're asking but I would follow the manufacturer instructions to the dot on that bike 

Getting access to the shock is a small pain if you want to remove it. Cranks must be removed, rear wheel as well. But it is so well protected in there it would only really be necessary when you want to do a shock service, change a volume spacer or if you submerge the bike and want to clean it off. As for adding or removing air, pop off the cover and the air valve is right there. Easy peasy. For me the more annoying issue is the limited dropper insertion. As for looks, go see one in the flesh, it looks like it's from 10 years in the future. Good review below:

Edited by thebob

2 hours ago, AllAboutRides said:

Mirrag Hubbers!

Dankie

The issue was a lack of grease on one of the shock bolts and the shock bolt being under torqued from the factory with one of the runs of frames. 

All that has to happen is that the shop should remove that bolt, grease the shaft, put some loctite on the thread, and torque to spec. Only once… not every ride. It’s a 5min job for a shop.

14 hours ago, thebob said:

Getting access to the shock is a small pain if you want to remove it. Cranks must be removed, rear wheel as well. But it is so well protected in there it would only really be necessary when you want to do a shock service, change a volume spacer or if you submerge the bike and want to clean it off. As for adding or removing air, pop off the cover and the air valve is right there. Easy peasy. For me the more annoying issue is the limited dropper insertion. As for looks, go see one in the flesh, it looks like it's from 10 years in the future. Good review below:

The seattube/dropper depth is a bit of a deal breaker. 
But the biggest one is the hidden shock. It’s gimmicky at best, ugly and an unnecessarily complicated design - how that affects suspension performance I can’t say, but each design has its compromises. I suppose everyone needs something to distinguish their product and there’ll be plenty of folk that fall for this thinking it’s the future. 
That, and Scott is just a bit of an ou ballie brand. 

for me its the most desirable downcountry bike on the market right now...especially the black and white tuned AXS version...and of course the Transition Spur

14 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

The issue was a lack of grease on one of the shock bolts and the shock bolt being under torqued from the factory with one of the runs of frames. 

All that has to happen is that the shop should remove that bolt, grease the shaft, put some loctite on the thread, and torque to spec. Only once… not every ride. It’s a 5min job for a shop.

nah, clearly too much tech for that lbs workshop to handle :P

1 hour ago, guidodg said:

for me its the most desirable downcountry bike on the market right now...especially the black and white tuned AXS version...and of course the Transition Spur

Don't forget the new Top Fuel!

17 hours ago, PhilipV said:

Yess, die genius se linkage bolts gaan gereeld sonder loctite los