2021 Rapha Festive 500

mecheng89

21 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Going to get tight for me as I spent 7 hours driving yesterday and will have the same to do on the 30th which has unexpectedly taken 2 days off my schedule 

the 31st is looking like a huge day out - might have to use the roadbike and get some easier miles as I’m not failing again this year 

I had two travel days last year, but was planned, so made an effort to do 140Km on three of the first four days, leaving 80Km over the last two days. Helps having pancake flat routes in da Souf and Oos Rond.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

500km for you is an average week - for me it’s an average month 😂

I am following this thread in awe ....

My best thus far have been about 6 weeks for 500km.

My but hurts at the thought of doing that in a fee days ... 😳

RESPECT to each and everyone that manage this.

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I had two travel days last year, but was planned, so made an effort to do 140Km on three of the first four days, leaving 80Km over the last two days. Helps having pancake flat routes in da Souf and Oos Rond.

The 31st is all mine so I may drive to oudtshoorn and find a flat ride 

I'll have to try an Easter 500 ... the festive season just has too many other demands and ride plans are just too easily derailed. ☹️

Well done to those who have completed and good luck to those needing a few more kms. 

1 hour ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I still have 200km to go, I actually took a rest day today. I'm considering klapping the full 200 tomorrow and getting it over and done with 😁

Very different this year for me

Normally ‘marginal gain’ it every day with at least one rest day. This year’s formula: 160ish - chill day - 200ish - Chill day - Chill day - 140ish thereabouts 

Edited by 'Dale

Intervals.icu is telling me that I am on the red zone at -43, but I still have 150km to finish Rapha500. This is when one has to just HTFU.

6 hours ago, Job said:

Intervals.icu is telling me that I am on the red zone at -43, but I still have 150km to finish Rapha500. This is when one has to just HTFU.

Another 85 km on the IDT (rained most of the day)

My Polar is revving into the red like a 2 stroke while my seat interface is begging for a ride outside

1.PNG

Done as well.

strava2738750677437540238.jpg.591c5a87b0947e0c0a313581716a1b2b.jpg

Screenshot_20211229-124805_Strava.jpg.ddd42262ee8001ae8fb6b15cb2e2d001.jpg

And only 99km left over two days, to make it 500 outside

Side note: either my fitness has made a huge leap, or this Enduren works very well for me - I don't think I've ever felt so good at the end of a 130, nevermind after the same distance yesterday.

Edited by HdB

Geez I’m really feeling the pressure here - it’s going to be so tight for me as balancing the riding with guests and wine is proving tough plus I’ve had to take 2 days off to drive people around  - I’ve only done 330 and my elevation is already 4500 - and this is me doing the flattest out and backs I can 

failure  is not an option this year so I’m going to have to toughen up 

today I was not tough - 60km and I cramped up which is very unusual for me 

DFF796CC-F598-46CD-8300-491B842DDC99.jpeg