UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

5 hours ago, tinmug said:

Erm ... aren't riders supposed to stay inside all the course markers?

image.jpeg.44700cda532acf8b36026a74293c83a4.jpeg

Commissaires likely gonna apply discretion there. All riders were doing it, evident by the line it cut in into that slope & most likely footage as well, no other riders in site so no direct advantage gained by overtaking a rider that would've been riding in the middle on the mud.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, tinmug said:

Erm ... aren't riders supposed to stay inside all the course markers?

image.jpeg.44700cda532acf8b36026a74293c83a4.jpeg

Where are you watching? Been trying to look for a repeat…

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:
On 8/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, W@nted said:

Ignore the above post. iPhone keeps pulling up old replies.

im watching the replays on YouTube 

Edited by DieselnDust

11 hours ago, milky4130 said:

Commissaires likely gonna apply discretion there. All riders were doing it, evident by the line it cut in into that slope & most likely footage as well, no other riders in site so no direct advantage gained by overtaking a rider that would've been riding in the middle on the mud.

None of the in-contention riders rode outside the markers. Others rode right on the boundary, but didn't cross it. Lecomte bypassed at least three on one lap, and again on a consecutive lap.

Did she get an advantage from riding off-piste: absolutely yes. The grip on the comparatively fresh grass was significantly better; plus the drivetrain was far less likely to gunk-up.

I'm happy for her with her win, she's clearly a remarkable cyclist, but I find it odd that none of the other medal contenders braved it beyond the markers (at least not on the iffy TV feed). 

@OVERDRIVE I watched the live feed on BBC iplayer.

8 minutes ago, tinmug said:

None of the in-contention riders rode outside the markers. Others rode right on the boundary, but didn't cross it. Lecomte bypassed at least three on one lap, and again on a consecutive lap.

Did she get an advantage from riding off-piste: absolutely yes. The grip on the comparatively fresh grass was significantly better; plus the drivetrain was far less likely to gunk-up.

I'm happy for her with her win, she's clearly a remarkable cyclist, but I find it odd that none of the other medal contenders braved it beyond the markers (at least not on the iffy TV feed). 

😭

2 hours ago, tinmug said:

Found it: https://tiz-cycling.io/video/mountain-bike-european-championships-2022-full-race-xco/

I have a question for @Jewbacca @'Dale @DieselnDust

Sure Tom is in the form of his life, but the level of demolition...

Is it he doetn do this all the time, the courses are to his taste, everyone has their period? Olympics went this way and seems everyone was also on form? Just seems...a bit...one sided. 

6 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Is it he doetn do this all the time, the courses are to his taste, everyone has their period? Olympics went this way and seems everyone was also on form? Just seems...a bit...one sided. 

I just look at what has happened to the drop in form recently of the other 'neo legend' and hope it doesn't go the same way ...

5 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I just look at what has happened to the drop in form recently of the other 'neo legend' and hope it doesn't go the same way ...

So do I...just four laps to go and chap is so gone I don't know what Im watching. Not sure even if the whole gang was here there would have been a difference. Hope the World Champs will at least test him. 

2 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

So do I...just four laps to go and chap is so gone I don't know what Im watching. Not sure even if the whole gang was here there would have been a difference. Hope the World Champs will at least test him. 

I hope Alan can give a run. If not I hope he takes it and wipes the floor with the Swiss contingent 

12 hours ago, tinmug said:

I doubt the others never rode outside of the markers, the camera is not always on that section. Nonetheless I assume nobody protested either and the commissaires probably missed it as well.

I'm wondering who will be doing the commentating on GCN/Dicsovery XCO, and I'm hoping its Marty Mac as the lead. He did a good job on Friday (only watched the Mens Euro so far) and enjoy his CX and Women's Tour commentating. He has a broad knowledge of cycling and is a consummate broadcasting professional.

I will not be missing Rob Walnut.

I was watching some Cranworx last night ...

The track and racing was good.

The American presentation .... not my cup of tea ....

I for one will miss UCI.  The splintering of the various things we watch, into so many "small subscriptions" are adding up to too much .....

On 8/21/2022 at 10:35 AM, OVERDRIVE said:

Tom is a well maintained race horse. He comes in , wins and heads of for a rest block.  

On 8/21/2022 at 10:43 AM, NotSoBigBen said:

Mvdp is probably the worst maintained race horse of all, hence the slump. Pidcock will carry this form into Les Gets. Just have a look at his rides this week. All endurance and then he starts course practice on Thursday.

14 hours ago, milky4130 said:

I doubt the others never rode outside of the markers, the camera is not always on that section. Nonetheless I assume nobody protested either and the commissaires probably missed it as well.

Course rules say the course has to be marked by plastic stakes of between 1.5m and 2m high. The orange markers are really just like the white paint used in some courses , guidelines. Also she was not consistently over the markers instead ducking over and under.

then there is also the commissaires making allowances for the conditions. No protest no foul and if there was she would have been penalised for it already