Ravenhash

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, jcza said:

Great idea gents. 

Get there in 2 hours, smash some beers and cruise to the finish. What can possibly go wrong? 

Hmmm, trick is then to avoid the cut off and road re-opening as well as staying on the dreaded, aforementioned ebike all the way to the finish. Hint, take a headlight with you, "smash some beers" has been known to start in daylight and finish somewhat darker. 😁

Chip your bike to 45kph, place family members at strategic points along the course with spare batteries then meet them at the finish for a 5 course meal before rolling across the line for your 3:50:01.

Imagine the adulation you'll receive along the way!

Make sure it is an mtb for extra adulation points. Roadies love being passed by mtbs.

Just for the record, I have no issue with ebikes, either road or MTB.

Just would like to put a few points out there:

• some people ride some race
  • how many of those that "ride"pay a subscription to a training program and "train"on a regular basis
  • i unfortunately race, I will race you to the next robot in my 4x4, to the teller at the grocery store, i will always be competitive. I am unfortunately very competitive by nature.
  • i recently "raced"in a local south east joburg event, got properly dropped up a climb i previously managed to stay with the lead group om, and got a Strava PB on the said climb I got dropped on (done the event at least 5 times)
  • while limping back to the finish a group of guys, in AL, were wheel sucking a team mate on an ebike

I have the following observations. The racing/fun riders have gotten fast over COVID, must have been all the relaxing time (comic sans). The event clearly stated that ebikes were not allowed in the first .... groups.

I do race, I have made that clear above, but I race myself, like to compare where I came in the group/event total, as a measure of my training progression.

I see no problem with ebikes in their own start group, and not necessarily at the back, but in the first 1/3 of the alphabet start groups.

Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

SO glad the CTCT organisers have a better sense of humour than some of the posters on this thread .....

ebikes.JPG.365c13b53b18df3cb14b5e876918a214.JPG

BEST wishes to those racing for a sub-3, or some other personal best time.

Similarly, wishing each and every other FUN rider a memorable event .... irrespective of what bike you will be using.

Edited by ChrisF

On 3/11/2022 at 2:45 PM, ChrisF said:

SO glad the CTCT organisers have a better sense of humour than some of the posters on this thread .....

ebikes.JPG.365c13b53b18df3cb14b5e876918a214.JPG

BEST wishes to those racing for a sub-3, or some other personal best time.

Similarly, wishing each and every other FUN rider a memorable event .... irrespective of what bike you will be using.

So obviously rider 10506 hanging with 1A on his eBike today didn't get the email 😜. Not surprised though, but a bit irritating, since they communicated those rules a number of times 

19 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

So did any e-bikes cause accidents, crashes and ruin the race today as predicted?

I am pretty confident that no bike has caused a crash at the Argus (Unless the frame or wheels collapsed) ......... now the pilots of said bicycles, that is where the problem lies. I say ban all riders and let the bikes ride in peace. 

15 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I am pretty confident that no bike has caused a crash at the Argus (Unless the frame or wheels collapsed) ......... now the pilots of said bicycles, that is where the problem lies. I say ban all riders and let the bikes ride in peace. 

"Ebikes don't hurt people's feelings. People riding ebikes overtaking people up chappies hurt people's feelings" 😂

It looks that the provisional ebike results are simple. Less than 3:50 = disqualified and no result on the time sheet. As it stands, the category 'winner' rode a 3:50:25.

48 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

So did any e-bikes cause accidents, crashes and ruin the race today as predicted?

No but they don't like offering a wheel. I latched on to 2 different ones and they both upped pace and dropped me as soon as they noticed my presence.

One turned around as he sped away and smirked.