Leatt product quality

BrandonEvans

Myself and some of my friends have also had the unfortunate experience of a severe blistered rash from the silicone grip that they include in their elbow guards and impact shorts.  

I think like all of us, we go all in, especially if there it is a local brand, but they are disappointing me big time.  A good warrantee program does not cut it, as the competition is bomb proof and have very failures to act on a warranty program.

I will stop being a "Karen" and just post some pictures.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the positive side. I lawn darted back in 2012. washed out landing on a jump I decided to hit blind, over the bars and head first into the ground...
I own my capability to move to my leatt neck brace and will be forever thankful to them.

29 minutes ago, dave303e said:

On the positive side. I lawn darted back in 2012. washed out landing on a jump I decided to hit blind, over the bars and head first into the ground...
I own my capability to move to my leatt neck brace and will be forever thankful to them.

True, I have cracked(supposed to, as it absorbs the impact) a poor fitting helmet in a crash, so that works very well as well.  Happy that it saved my dome.

Did the helmet save me and did its job, totally.  Did it fit poorly, yes, my chin was exposed, but there was probably science behind that *shrug*

2 hours ago, darthvader007 said:

Myself and some of my friends have also had the unfortunate experience of a severe blistered rash from the silicone grip that they include in their elbow guards and impact shorts.  

I think like all of us, we go all in, especially if there it is a local brand, but they are disappointing me big time.  A good warrantee program does not cut it, as the competition is bomb proof and have very failures to act on a warranty program.

I will stop being a "Karen" and just post some pictures.

This version of the glove was well stitched, but the rubber grommets perish and peel.  image.png.540716af31776f96592071cfaf9b0475.png

Cannot really take pictures of poor velcro binding, but trust me, it sucks.

image.png.c9c9a49d1a5c4dad7e59c0576b5f2f2c.png

Super poor stitching.

image.png.1a3638c6f32e4d0c2bd86a302a071034.png

Enduro pants peels and splits.image.png.fa6d0cb5afa6fd453886bc472034d93c.png

MTB gloves just fall apart.

image.png.2b7b616b4953eefe73ea46043f9e5cac.png 

Otherwise the pants are in good condition.

image.png

Edited by darthvader007

Here is the thing, I have been selling 2nd hand gear over the years, you know, as I grow and shrink, but my Leatt gear always just disintegrate - it has zero 2nd hand value.

Leatt gloves are pretty shite. I have 4 pairs. The first pair I bought in 2017 and are still going strong. The second I bought a year later and the tips started coming apart recently which I had repaired. The most recent pairs (bought 2023) are literally falling apart. They also fit really poorly - something changed with their sizing and QC for sure  

I have switched to Hirzl Gripp and they are amazing. Highly recommend them even if they are a bit pricey.

I've had a couple of pairs of MX Fox gloves. Don't be fooled, they also only last one season before unraveling quite dramatically. 

I'm on a pair of Spez MTB gloves now and they seem to be holding upn better. 

Also have a pair of Fox Ranger shorts and they have held up well on the seams but start to look tatty not long after new.

And anyone who thinks Leatt is expensive (not saying they're not highly priced) should compare Troy Lee Designs. Now that is mad expensive.

1 hour ago, michaelbiker said:

Also, why is Leatt stuff cheaper in Europe than in SA?

Pretty much everything cycling related is cheaper in Europe

Some of these gloves shown here looks old. How long do you guys use a set of gloves? I usually change every year or two. Had a nice pair of Fox gloves rip but mass and momentum vs tree, you guys know how that plays out😂

The oldest gloves, are the ones that lasts, to this day, stitching, everything, and is the correct size (except for velcro).

The gloves that tears apart, are the new gloves.

12 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Some of these gloves shown here looks old. How long do you guys use a set of gloves? I usually change every year or two. Had a nice pair of Fox gloves rip but mass and momentum vs tree, you guys know how that plays out😂

My sons Fox MX gloves lasted since march, and are now coming apart from the seams like he works in a glass factory. 100% and Alpinestars are where I go even though its a kidney trade in every time and if unhappy they replace.  Leatt is a scam. 

image.png.bb4e44965fdc839c8b29a2378f692abf.png

AIRMATIC GLOVE BLACK/CHARCOAL YOUTH, L | bol.com

1 hour ago, OVERDRIVE said:

My sons Fox MX gloves lasted since march, and are now coming apart from the seams like he works in a glass factory. 100% and Alpinestars are where I go even though its a kidney trade in every time and if unhappy they replace.  Leatt is a scam. 

image.png.bb4e44965fdc839c8b29a2378f692abf.png

AIRMATIC GLOVE BLACK/CHARCOAL YOUTH, L | bol.com

That's unfortunate but as I said I just replace them. Have had no issues with quality still use my previous 2 pairs, still in great condition. I rather change them more often (new is always better concept). I like fox it looks funky, the strap makes it easier to get my hands in and out and they are on sale a lot so inexpensive. 

I ride their knee and elbow guards.  Happy and will buy again - knee pads are starting to see some rips and wear, but had them for ages.  I'm happy with product life cycle.

Their Trail Tee's are also great, I own a few and wear them regularly.  Pricing was good too.

I dont like any of their other product for me personally (looks, not function though).   May try their gloves as I always used TLD gloves, but lately dont like any designs so been trying the 100% gloves and they literally fall apart after a few months.   I have 10+ pairs, ride semi regularly, so the rotation is good.    Lets see.