If Even Nino Schurter uses a Garmin Edge 130…

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my Garmin 130 , best Garmin I have ever had , most legible screen and no mapping function [which is generally pretty bad on Garmins.]

Displays my AXS gearing, turns on and off my Bontrager lights and shows their status, links to my HR strap and my speed sensor...enough said.

I wouldn't mind a small Garmin for racing. It is really nice to have the big one for training and navigation, and when you don't know the route... But I did CTCT with only my watch and it was really chilled. You are either there or you aren't... 

28 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I wouldn't mind a small Garmin for racing. It is really nice to have the big one for training and navigation, and when you don't know the route... But I did CTCT with only my watch and it was really chilled. You are either there or you aren't... 

Exactly, a bike computer won't help you when you're getting dropped 

1 hour ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Look at the CTCT youtube video .... LOTS of riders stopping their watch on the final mat.

At a certain age it helps to have a screen with large print data .....

Just now, ChrisF said:

Look at the CTCT youtube video .... LOTS of riders stopping their watch on the final mat.

I accept I am the exception because I was mostly sitting in and making sure I stayed at the front over the hills, and I know that route properly well. But I did not need to look at my watch at all in the race

1 minute ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I accept I am the exception because I was mostly sitting in and making sure I stayed at the front over the hills, and I know that route properly well. But I did not need to look at my watch at all in the race

Even as a first timer I hardly looked atmy Garmin  ... enough distance markers along the route to know where you are at all times.

Without clear route markers I do keep an eye on the computer ... then I do prefer something on the bars.

29 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

So at what stage should I start looking for a handlebar mount for my GPSMap 276C?

Sold my edge 520 for a 130 when the 130 was released. Makes sense to me to have the smallest possible computer on an mtb. 

Maybe on a roadie I’d appreciate a 520/530, but def not bigger. 

Edited by Grease_Monkey
Spelling

6 hours ago, guidodg said:

I love my Garmin 130 , best Garmin I have ever had , most legible screen and no mapping function [which is generally pretty bad on Garmins.]

Displays my AXS gearing, turns on and off my Bontrager lights and shows their status, links to my HR strap and my speed sensor...enough said.

LIKE!