Sport scientist conducting market research

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Done

But that looked suspiciously like market research to open an indoor training facility

Also done

Also thought that.

Done.

(Sorry for throwing your trendlines out of alignment with my answers.)

To be clear.. it was never said that the market research is for their post-grad studies. The project and their studies might be decoupled. Which isn't good or bad, IMHO.

For me the advantage of a Zwift type product is that it's on my bike in my garage in my time. So this would be a hard pass for me.

When you try to push it into a class environment it will lose a lot of what makes it good. and the whole let's ride together idea flies out the window cos Fris Chris pumps out 6 watts per kilo and I put out 2.5 watts per kilo. So even if we do the same power based workout I'll only see him at the start. Plus if you read their terms of service they are fairly specific about not using the service commercially.

There is a gym specific thing called spivi (I'm sure it's not the only one) that they run at my step daughters gym. This seems more suitable to a class type environment. It has structured workouts that the instructors run and they throw in their own music. It has a point system and you ride in a little virtual world much like Zwift. The difference seems to be that you ride against your ftp. So if Fris Chris rides at his 6 watts per kilo and I ride at 2.5 we will stay "together". So it's spinning class meets Zwift.

Better for that environment IMO.

*Edit. I tried spivi yesterday. No ERG mode which is a huge limiting factor. It picks up my smart trainer and HR monitor but you need to use the gears to make power. Your little man rides along in the cartoon and you have to stay between the lines onscreen so keep in the correct power. You can redo classes that have been saved or you can do your own workout. Great for a class environment.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

5 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Mmmm. How to put this.

For me the advantage of a Zwift type product is that it's on my bike in my garage in my time.

When you try to push it into a class environment it will lose a lot of what makes it good. and the whole let's ride together idea flies out the window cos Fris Chris pumps out 6 watts per kilo and I put out 2.5 watts per kilo. Plus if you read their terms of service they are fairly specific about not using the service commercially.

There is a gym specific thing called spivi (I'm sure it's not the only one) that they run at my step daughters gym. This seems more suitable to a class type environment. It has a point system and you ride in a little virtual world much like Zwift. The difference seems to be that you ride against your ftp. So if Fris Chris rides at his 6 watts per kilo and I ride at 2.5 we will stay "together"

There were a number of attempts to open spinning studios with Kickrs and Wattbikes before covid, all closed within a year, investors out of pocket. I would feel very sorry for an investor trying to do the same in the current climate of post Covid gym culture where most have converted their garages/dining rooms into personal gyms.