[Event] B-Well Around The Pot 2022

Events Bot

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

i already mentioned it...but it was docking as i rolled in and wasn't keen on destroying a hamburger mid ride....so i just filled my bottles with chain cleaner(water) and roled straight on through. think I stayed like 9min or something. glad i did after hearing about the downtime and the guys who had to do 50km detour lol

Wasn't a 50km detour from malgas to swellendam, that was quicker than riding the original 60km home!

if you rode 100km back, well then that's kind of your fault

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Wasn't a 50km detour from malgas to swellendam, that was quicker than riding the original 60km home!

if you rode 100km back, well then that's kind of your fault

Not riding "back".  A 50km detour to get to the other side of the pont and carry on with the 60-miler :thumbup:

10 hours ago, 'Dale said:

D464F0EA-692C-4F1A-A334-C1362BDED02F.jpeg

TOYOTA country ...

VERY nice photograph 👍

That photo will look GOOD inside Hoek's TOYOTA Swellendam

Edited by ChrisF

18 hours ago, Shebeen said:

That is a lot more clear to me the way you put it.

My experience of this is from adventure races (and i guess double century?). You clock in, and then some official with a clipboard tells you when you can leave, not before. 

I was ready at 20mins, and sitting out on the western side with all the stuff to do there rather. turned out to be quite a *** move!

Dc is pretty much the same as around the pot. You get 60min untimed split into two 30min segments plus the neutral zone 30min so 90min total.

you restart the clock when crossing certain designated timing mats

About The Fish & Chip Co. R200 Voucher in the goodie bag, thanks ATP but I'm really gutted that I can't use it in the Western Cape or does someone know of a branch around here? I was so looking forward to buying a nice Fish & Chips parcel, with salt & vinegar on the chips, did your tongue just spasm thinking of it?

18 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Not riding "back".  A 50km detour to get to the other side of the pont and carry on with the 60-miler :thumbup:

@ChrisF now very confused.

60miler started at 8am, malgas was after 47km.

So to get stuck at the broken pont after 1pm you would have been going snail pace already.

There is no bridge over the Breede between the N2 and the mouth, so you can't ride around the pont in 50km, (without a boat/getting feet wet).

something doesn't add up, but i guess facts always get in the way of good stories.

1 hour ago, milky4130 said:

About The Fish & Chip Co. R200 Voucher in the goodie bag, thanks ATP but I'm really gutted that I can't use it in the Western Cape or does someone know of a branch around here? I was so looking forward to buying a nice Fish & Chips parcel, with salt & vinegar on the chips, did your tongue just spasm thinking of it?

no goodie bag so no temptation but jirre sharing a parcel of fish&tjips would have been sooooo lekker after that ride. Especially in the bike wash queue which was ridiculously slow due to a very confusing and chaotic process of stacking bikes, washing a wheeel, stackin some more bikes, washing another bikes wheel, stacking a another bike and so on....Eventually, cold and gatvolniss added up to a DIY attitude and I leapt in and washed my own bike while thinking of a masala steak gatsby and extra large Mocha

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

no goodie bag so no temptation but jirre sharing a parcel of fish&tjips would have been sooooo lekker after that ride. Especially in the bike wash queue which was ridiculously slow due to a very confusing and chaotic process of stacking bikes, washing a wheeel, stackin some more bikes, washing another bikes wheel, stacking a another bike and so on....Eventually, cold and gatvolniss added up to a DIY attitude and I leapt in and washed my own bike while thinking of a masala steak gatsby and extra large Mocha

I told Waldo screw this bike wash queue, first order of priority was to get to the accommodation get clean and get warm, bikes was stuffed anyway. Luckily we ordered extra pizza the night before so that was waiting for us to devour when we got back.

23 hours ago, JohanDiv said:

One of the few times my wife's forgiven me for dropping multiple P-bomme in front of her

Ag pragtig? 😝

1 hour ago, milky4130 said:

I told Waldo screw this bike wash queue, first order of priority was to get to the accommodation get clean and get warm, bikes was stuffed anyway. Luckily we ordered extra pizza the night before so that was waiting for us to devour when we got back.

I had similar priorities but our b&b was a heritage building that the our Airbnb had organised after double booking. The Tannie was very heilig over the floors and carpets so a muddy bike wasn’t going To get further than the bike rack. So bike wash won out and DIY .

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

@ChrisF now very confused.

60miler started at 8am, malgas was after 47km.

So to get stuck at the broken pont after 1pm you would have been going snail pace already.

There is no bridge over the Breede between the N2 and the mouth, so you can't ride around the pont in 50km, (without a boat/getting feet wet).

something doesn't add up, but i guess facts always get in the way of good stories.

Having used the old pont myself many times, I also dont know what route they took from there ....

Will ask her next we meet up 👍

27 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Having used the old pont myself many times, I also dont know what route they took from there ....

Will ask her next we meet up 👍

They doubled back via the 60miler route?

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

They doubled back via the 60miler route?

I dont know.  The message I got was that they took a "detour" and ended at 148km and over 2 000m elevation.  (maybe somethat did the double back can confirm if the distance and elevation match up)

Will ask next time we meet.

25 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I dont know.  The message I got was that they took a "detour" and ended at 148km and over 2 000m elevation.  (maybe somethat did the double back can confirm if the distance and elevation match up)

Will ask next time we meet.

who was it we can just cross check it on Strava if she records rides on there, because it has me curios to ways to get to the other side should we need it in future for a Self Supported adventure.