Western Cape enduro is back!

PhilipV

25 minutes ago, MORNE said:

So I recently acquired a squishy bicicletta that might make it LESS uncomfortable taking part in one of these things.

Im pondering coming along even if it’s just to praat k@k along the way and to meet some of you. But i havent been on a mtb in a while - and one obviously does not progress offroad skills on gravel and road bikes in my case ( i think i actually might have regressed)…

- AND ive never actually ridden at Jonkers. Gasp shock horror, i know right? To be fair it is always burning and quite a drive. They should consider a new trail and call it Mordor.

So then yes i’m rusty AF and seriously lacking confidence after my fall in 2020. i’m 39y old so going brittle i presume, and i’m a dad now too so cant just close my eyes and send it.

Will me coming along for the ride, most probably slowest of all = laughter/ ridicule and/or death? 🤣

Ive watched most of the things including this video up here over the years and i understand that a camera flattens the landscape, but it looks doable?
Like i said, going in blind ( and dry?)

Its this or a boring PPA ride on the same route they’ve done 1648 times this year already😅. I think i want to choose this instead?

thoughs? Do you remember your first time at jonkers as a noob? How was it?
 (No i’m not talking about the things you did off trail in the bush)

Your post is too long for me to read, but come! Let's hang in the not fast bikehub enduro bro crew...

My goal is to not die

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve not touched my bike for over a week now, feels like marriage, but it’s more a case of the lazy. I probably need to at some stage get ready for Jonks-Duro…

The stages looks pretty decent. @Meezoyou will probably need to do a Fire Hut warmup to get dialed in… damn over achiever…

2 hours ago, Meezo said:

Your post is too long for me to read, but come! Let's hang in the not fast bikehub enduro bro crew...

My goal is to not die

See…not even enough patience to read my post, how can i expect any on the day😅

13 hours ago, MORNE said:

So I recently acquired a squishy bicicletta that might make it LESS uncomfortable taking part in one of these things.

Im pondering coming along even if it’s just to praat k@k along the way and to meet some of you. But i havent been on a mtb in a while - and one obviously does not progress offroad skills on gravel and road bikes in my case ( i think i actually might have regressed)…

- AND ive never actually ridden at Jonkers. Gasp shock horror, i know right? To be fair it is always burning and quite a drive. They should consider a new trail and call it Mordor.

So then yes i’m rusty AF and seriously lacking confidence after my fall in 2020. i’m 39y old so going brittle i presume, and i’m a dad now too so cant just close my eyes and send it.

Will me coming along for the ride, most probably slowest of all = laughter/ ridicule and/or death? 🤣

Ive watched most of the things including this video up here over the years and i understand that a camera flattens the landscape, but it looks doable?
Like i said, going in blind ( and dry?)

Its this or a boring PPA ride on the same route they’ve done 1648 times this year already😅. I think i want to choose this instead?

thoughs? Do you remember your first time at jonkers as a noob? How was it?
 (No i’m not talking about the things you did off trail in the bush)

I am sure you will still be faster than @babse

10 hours ago, MORNE said:

See…not even enough patience to read my post, how can i expect any on the day😅

@Meezo will need someone with some gravel bike and road riding legs to help push him up the climbs ............ so it could be a working relationship

12 minutes ago, Hairy said:

@Meezo will need someone with some gravel bike and road riding legs to help push him up the climbs ............ so it could be a working relationship

As long as he tow-ropes me down the hills so i dont use  my brakes too much🤷‍♂️ I fully expect arm and leg pump to make me…uncomfortable  though. As i said, it has been a while.  Different muscles that you dont really use when grinding out 100km+

ps: are you going? Or dont you own your YT anymore?

Edited by MORNE

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

As long as he tow-ropes me down the hills so i dont use  my brakes too much🤷‍♂️ I fully expect arm and leg pump to make me…uncomfortable  though. As i said, it has been a while.  Different muscles that you dont really use when grinding out 100km+

I am not even sure where I keep my bicycles anymore..................

34 minutes ago, MORNE said:

ouch!

That Escalated Quickly | Know Your Meme

58 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I am sure you will still be faster than @babse

why dragging me into this... haha I have actually been offered an entry.

Me and my 100mm XC rig is frothing to do it... NOT!

57 minutes ago, Meezo said:

ouch!

That Escalated Quickly | Know Your Meme

What inside joke did i stumble on here by accident? 

Edited by MORNE

@MORNE  if you don't enter now after this banter you will be very conspicuous in your absence.....

34 minutes ago, MORNE said:

What inside joke did i stumble on here by accident? 

@Hairy doesn't ride bikes anymore... he had a mid life crisis, bought a Harley and stopped exercising (based on a true story, not 100% factual)

5 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

@MORNE  if you don't enter now after this banter you will be very conspicuous in your absence.....

@Hairy doesn't ride bikes anymore... he had a mid life crisis, bought a Harley and stopped exercising (based on a true story, not 100% factual)

Think I might. Just need to check scedule to be sure. Should i go suffer the full thing though or start out with the light version seeing that ive never been?

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Think I might. Just need to check scedule to be sure. Should i go suffer the full thing though or start out with the light version seeing that ive never been?

Depends how much time the wife gives you off!

I'd enter the full and just wing it. But that is my nature.

You can always bail early, but you won't.

56 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Depends how much time the wife gives you off!

I'd enter the full and just wing it. But that is my nature.

You can always bail early, but you won't.

Entered. For the full one. 
edit: be gentle 🤣

Edited by MORNE

3 hours ago, babse said:

why dragging me into this... haha I have actually been offered an entry.

Me and my 100mm XC rig is frothing to do it... NOT!

100mm bikes didn't stop David George and his missus from having fun on the enduros.

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Your absence will also be felt. Leaving me and Coenie to torment Harry and the other marshals over the radios on our own. Tsssk Tsssk.

9 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Entered. For the full one. 

Gees! I'll look out for you, to enquire about your well being or lack thereof. 

What squishy bike are you riding?

It is going to be a suffering festival looking at the climbing involved on my 16kg bike. Coupled to that I hardly know the Plumber and after hurting myself on it last weekend I'm more than a bit nervous of it and the rocky bit of Iron Monkey which I found stupidly tricky after riding the whole thing blind on a previous enduro and not having too much trouble. Morne - you're a spring chicken at 39.