Old Mutual Wealth Double Century 2022 on behalf of a slacking Pure Savage

DieselnDust

1 hour ago, Andreas_187 said:

Hi Chris, 

Instead of taking sneaky photos you should have come over and had breakfast with our 5h58min team! 🤩

It was an epic day

Did you win?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NeverNotRolling said:

You weren't wrong.

hahaha, I was expecting quiet, but this was beyond 😅

13 hours ago, Jbr said:

hahaha, I was expecting quiet, but this was beyond 😅

Was it because of DC, or did the wind forecast possibly also contribute ... 🤔💨🚴‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

So?

Did the Savages and their podium spreadsheet manage to podium? Were they defeated by their Mother?

Did the tap out ballies feature?

So much pre game banter and now it's just crickets and tumbleweeds......

Red team emptied the tank and we came in 6th on the day behind RDX and Rouleurs. 

Very strong riding out there yesterday by all the teams! 

1 hour ago, Pure Savage said:

we came in 6th

Makes sense…exactly where Lewis Hamilton finished in the 2022 WDC standings too…

🤣

Context ps: this was ‘podium’ banter in the classifieds comments thread we were robbed of. It probably wont make any sense to anyone that didn't follow the shenanigans in there haha. Where is @Hairy and @BaGearA?😅

14 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Makes sense…exactly where Lewis Hamilton finished in the 2022 WDC standings too…

🤣

Context ps: this was ‘podium’ banter in the classifieds comments thread we were robbed of. It probably wont make any sense to anyone that didn't follow the shenanigans in there haha. Where is @Hairy and @BaGearA?😅

always lurking around 👀

1 hour ago, Pure Savage said:

You identified as black team on the day though!

Oh right, black is the new whitish-redish tank emptying savages. Good day out with the boys 🤙🏻

20 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Red team emptied the tank and we came in 6th on the day behind RDX and Rouleurs. 

Very strong riding out there yesterday by all the teams! 

so is that good enough to win the Atlantic seaboard coffeeride trophy?

221819605_5.6version.JPG.2a7290d27ba2e0cfd9205127ca6af3fe.JPG

With all the hype and build up in Cape Town for the 2022 DC regardless of the result it was going to be memorable day!

After having our plans for the day leaked to everyone, besides our support driver, the lads were ready for a big day out! To all the teams chatting to our support driver about the plans, her utter confusion was real.

Surprisingly we managed to stick to the plan in the first sector instead of seeing the normal red mist. A little unlucky chain drop meant some additional chasing down Op Tradouw with a few KOM’s in the process. 

The second sector saw the infamous red team emptying tank into the headwind to the second stop!  

After a bike swop for Keegan onto a bike with charged Di2, the Savages were ready for the last push. David, our late call up from Jozi had to ride a bike with no gears, skipping chain and a flat front tire the last 30km home, welcome to the team legend!

Was great riding against the rouleur tritans in the final 30km over the sisters as pushed on to the line! We were not attacking each other, just certain people climb at different speeds over those last sisters.

A massive team effort got us to 6th on the day in a time of 5:01. So great racing with so many of the local teams and great camaraderie. 

The stand out performances of the day were @milky4130 and Keegan putting in mega efforts on the day!! 

All can be very proud with the efforts of the day!! 

Big ups to the Mother and LPC crews for fuelling the pre race banter and racing like legends! 

#oldmutualwealthdc #PureSavage