Straighten SRAM brake lever blade.

Steady Spin

Bent the lever quite a bit this morning. Can this be straightened at home or is it time to find a replacement blade. 

I’m guessing hens teeth to find for the Guide R? 

B5DD5CBE-F8E2-43EE-AAA2-BA28C270FD0B.jpeg.f31b7c3a27f3f170764fe634b68fac15.jpeg

Heat it up with A heat gun ( this might be just be my  mind playing tricks with me ) and go very slow 

The problem is as soon as it forms A fold it will shear there immediately ,  bending ally back usually only works for me 1/5 times 

11 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Heat it up with A heat gun ( this might be just be my  mind playing tricks with me ) and go very slow 

The problem is as soon as it forms A fold it will shear there immediately ,  bending ally back usually only works for me 1/5 times 

Too risky for my liking. Not with a bend that big. Need a new blade I think. 

4 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Too risky for my liking. Not with a bend that big. Need a new blade I think. 

Can still try and if it fails, just get a new one?

1 hour ago, AkwA said:

Can still try and if it fails, just get a new one?

Still want to ride. Might try after the weekend. 

Same happened to me. I used a small kitchen blow torch (used for making crème brulé) to heat it up (glowing red) and bent it back very very slowly. 

Heat it and bend it back.

I wouldn't bend it without heat, worst case you can HTS2000 weld it back together, assuming it's Aluminium.

Just another 2c here. 

That will 80% come off if you try and bend it back imo, but worth a try i guess.
Everybody says to mend it with fire but Please for the love of the sky gods….just take the lever out of the brake lever assembly (if thats even possible) before you take a blow torch to it. AL tends to be an epic disperser of heat too you see…so you might just end up melting and boiling all the other crap attached to it🤣

I wouldn’t bother trying to bend it. Would cut the tip off with a hacksaw, file it smooth and keep riding with the stubby lever while waiting for a new one. Replacement parts are available 

Looks like the part is not available locally. (No surprises there)

Looking Amazon etc I guess to import. Alternative is getting a replacement lever and keeping the old one as spares then. 

13 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I will have to find out. Thanks for the kind offer. 

These are the ones i see so far on Bike24 - I would say your could be the 1st one as it does not have the indentations above or below the SRAM name like on the 2nd & 3rd pic

image.png.5326cf046be711e8234c3f3b36659f88.png

image.png.da899b8d975b0563066ed2b30c67df1f.png

image.png.7c26aa4b1a533ccd2b2a1faccc0030b8.png