If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed. Will Nino Schurter then have won 34 World Cups?

Mozzi

If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed ..... will Nino Schurter then have won 34 word cups?
Well lets hope Flückiger’s seconds sample comes back negative. But will have to wait....

In the recent news we have all seen this...
"The 33-year-old’s positive test reportedly comes from post-race screening at Swiss XCO national championships back on June 5. Flückiger returned the positive test for the banned substance Zeranol. If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed, it will be the first high-profile doping case in cross country mountain biking in recent years."

But my question is.....  If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed.......    then surely his winning result on the  
UCI MTB World Cup Leogang ((12th June). 1. Mathias Flückiger 2. Nino Schurter ) will not count? and then Nino will move to first place by default and by that give him 34 World Cup wins?  

Or does it not work that way...... ?? As the suspension will be from the date of the infringement  (5 June) and the results after that wont count?

Edited by Mozzi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

I'm not sure either but even if that is the case I'm sure Nino wouldn't want to break the record like that, talk about an anti-climax.

I hear you... but if the win was by consumption of illegal muti, then by default it should go to the next man in line who is abiding by the rules.

He should hand over the win, the trophy and the prize money.

Then go back to the naughty corner.

2 hours ago, Mozzi said:

If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed ..... will Nino Schurter then have won 35 word cups?
Well lets hope Flückiger’s seconds sample comes back negative. But will have to wait....

In the recent news we have all seen this...
"The 33-year-old’s positive test reportedly comes from post-race screening at Swiss XCO national championships back on June 5. Flückiger returned the positive test for the banned substance Zeranol. If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed, it will be the first high-profile doping case in cross country mountain biking in recent years."

But my question is.....  If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed.......    then surely his winning result on the  
UCI MTB World Cup Leogang ((12th June). 1. Mathias Flückiger 2. Nino Schurter ) will not count? and then Nino will move to first place by default and by that give him 35 World Cup wins?  

Or does it not work that way...... ?? As the suspension will be from the date of the infringement  (5 June) and the results after that wont count?

image.png.5f4f6be0c23ad079d1172ec0e417e134.png

if these are all scrubbed, then Nino gets another XCO win, and Alan and Vlad get the short track wins too.

But as said...  that is only IF.... the rest comes back positive..

hope it does not.. because im sure they all work hard to be there and have to give the benefit of the doubt to the rider... but IF it comes back positive....... then we will have to see what the UCI will do... 

2 minutes ago, Mozzi said:

hope it does not.. because im sure they all work hard to be there and have to give the benefit of the doubt to the rider... but IF it comes back positive....... then we will have to see what the UCI will do... 

Difficult to see how the B sample will be negative

6 minutes ago, Mozzi said:

In this business, history will tell you that where there is smoke, there is fire....

It would be a terrible way to get the record but they would have to strip Flückiger of any and all wins this season. 
Again only if the B sample comes back positive.

You could also argue that if the positive tests had come through sooner, Flückiger would not have been in  the Lenzerheide race causing the crash with Nino and he inevitably would have won that race too.

58 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

In this business, history will tell you that where there is smoke, there is fire....

like what? in cycling generally? hat-coat-door

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

image.png.5f4f6be0c23ad079d1172ec0e417e134.png

if these are all scrubbed, then Nino gets another XCO win, and Alan and Vlad get the short track wins too.

in that case no man has done a perfect weekend wining XCC & XCO since Flueckiger ....wait a minute😝 😱

40 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

like what? in cycling generally? hat-coat-door

Especially when a battery is participating

4 hours ago, Mozzi said:

. Flückiger returned the positive test for the banned substance Zeranol. If Flückiger’s positive test is confirmed, it will be the first high-profile doping case in cross country mountain biking in recent years."

hang on, what's Zeronol? I'm unfamiliar with it as it's not one of the substances listed in Koos' Verslaaf so I had to do some shallow digging 

image.png.8a7aaa169d83842f4b7cf973d67810ff.png

it's just moo cow beef hormones. contador's lawyer will do better this time and get him off.