2022 UCI Road World Championships - Wollongong

Vetplant

Remco, Powless, Tratnik, Bardet, Lutsenko, Hindley (that Aussie will be spirited on local soil) and a few other solid racers in front split with 3 domesitques and the gap is growing

What an intriguing race

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barring a remarkable and unlikely setback, Remco's in rainbow. Everyone will be hurting to chase back after 240 kms

Commentator:"Remco Evenepoel, the Belgium wonderkid" 

INTERNET:Are you not maybe over-selling this kid? 

Remco goes on to do the following in 2022:

Wins Monument, Wins a Grand Tour, Wins the World Championships! (And finishes 3rd in the ITT at world's) 

People, Remco has arrived!

(PS. He is still only 22)

Wout's teammate grabs silver for France. And another Worlds medal for the Aussie who said that "he dreams of the rainbow jersey".

Remco Rainbow, the first Belgian in 10 years. Patricia will be grinning from ear to ear as the rainbow jersey stays with the Steppers.

Edited by 'Dale

27 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

(or did I just hear that his contract is up this year) 

heard that too. well, if that's the case, will LeFevre pony up the bucks to keep him, or will he move on?

20 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

I didn’t say or think she was; I just added info as reference. Last year she was 9.5min down, this year 15min down on the winner. 

I agree and have always said you need experience but that to me is not world championships. Go race elsewhere, see how you go, get that experience but don’t use worlds for that. This is not directed at Hayley, this is just in general for any athlete. 

Couldn’t agree more.

21 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

heard that too. well, if that's the case, will LeFevre pony up the bucks to keep him, or will he move on

Does he have the budget left for bonus payments first?