[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

Always surprised by how many people think that big event companies don't do there due diligence before making a decision. Just because it does not fit your narrative, does not mean it won't be a success.

If it get's more people on bikes, then I say go for it!!!!

Would probably allow a younger participation age as well?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

It’s supposed to at least be an achievement to complete an Argus. Make it under 100 and basically anyone can do it. 

Also, why announce this now? Surely they would’ve had this in the works for a while now. Why not just do it when entries opened?

If this move actually happens, I feel like the DC would then overtake the Argus as the premier event in the western cape. At least for me it would.

I presume this isn't replacing the 109km? Pretty sure doing the full event will still be an achievement for people to strive towards, with the shorter route being a stepping stone.

Because it may be easy for you to ride a bike does not make it easy for the next person.

18 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

It’s supposed to at least be an achievement to complete an Argus. Make it under 100 and basically anyone can do it. 

Also, why announce this now? Surely they would’ve had this in the works for a while now. Why not just do it when entries opened?

If this move actually happens, I feel like the DC would then overtake the Argus as the premier event in the western cape. At least for me it would.

In my mind the DC is the premier road event in the WC right now. Even the PPA one tonner holds more appeal. 

6 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

Always surprised by how many people think that big event companies don't do there due diligence before making a decision. Just because it does not fit your narrative, does not mean it won't be a success.

Maybe we should wait for the announcement before we we start getting the knifes out. Right now at best we should only be oiling the wet stones 

1 minute ago, BMCfan said:

As long as they dont merge the different distances into the same finish straight i say add as many routes as they want!

You should be able to finish before the casuals start.........lol

3 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

If they’re seriously considering adding a shorter option then that just shows how the demand has decreased. I personally dont think this is the right move but let’s wait for the official announcement before jumping to conclusions.

i sat out the shortened route then was at the start line for the cancelled one... i had really considered it this year but the steep"er" price (yes this will start a never ending debate) is sort of like nah i'm ok not doing it again or ever...

the tour de cap on the other is looking really appetizing at this stage.

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Maybe we should wait for the announcement before we we start getting the knifes out. Right now at best we should only be oiling the wet stones 

Confirmed 42km route.

17 minutes ago, Meezo said:

the tour de cap on the other is looking really appetizing at this stage.

A ton of fun, but not sure how they justify R1000k per day when offering zero addition to a one day event...

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

Spoiler : next year the DC will be a double half century

22 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

okay.

Edited by Jbr

1 hour ago, Jase619 said:

^^^  THIS ^^^