Tour de France 2024

'Dale

53 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

looks like MVDP isn't interested in any stage wins this year, just there for base miles and leading out Phillipsen. Quite a waste of talent :(

Where do you think his best chances are for a stage win? Keeping in mind, he's very much a team player and does a great leadout job for JP. He's always struck me as very much aligned with team goals, but at least that's what I've come across. Perhaps the team sees the chances of a win being the best when VDP leads out JP in a bunch sprint.

On the flip side, if VDP has eyes on the Olympics, then take all of the above, and throw it in the bin. He did that in '21, and that didn't end too well.

A waste of talent? I'm not sure... VDP knows himself best and has his own goals and objectives. Who's to say, I would concede that seeing the rainbow jersey being shown off a bit more would be more better-er

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Hehe, true; every time I see him pop out at/near the front, day-after-day, I cannot believe how he does it; he really does liven up the Tour!

I actually MISS Thomas Voeckler, from a previous decade; he was either in a solo breakaway; else coming last!, but never a dull moment; and the last few days, have been watching out for Jonas Abrahamson, not so much to see if he is retaining the Polka jersey, but rather to see him join breaks - great entertainment!

5 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

breakaway is doomed, Pogi is gonna smash everyone and go all out for 50km to gain only 30s

Most likely outcome IMO.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

There are rumours that Remco is sick...

2 Confidis riders dropped out with illness and Bahrain looks to be unwell too

FFS man:

Van Aert crash

15:12

Just when Visma needed him most, ahead of these tough four remaining climbs Wout van Aert crashes. He gets to his feet but needs help from his team to fix his bike.

Vingegaard riding back to Pogacar. Bloody impressive! 

Pogi will still take the stage methinks...

Pogi looking dodgy on some of these turns on the descent.

Will we see a repeat of the one stage where Pogi went down and Jonas waited for him...