Tour de France 2024

'Dale

20 hours ago, EddieV said:

.... I think Roglic being a ski jumper is the reason here ... he doesn't have the same number of hours as others on the bike, so a bit short on bike-skills (relative to other peloton riders) - having spent most of his youth ski training?

He wasn't a rando they found on Zwift.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Covid still a "thing"? See Pidcock now also out with "symptoms". After the major disruption this "thing" caused us a while back it seems to be starting to show itself again? 

16 minutes ago, duringd said:

How is Covid still a "thing"? See Pidcock now also out with "symptoms". After the major disruption this "thing" caused us a while back it seems to be starting to show itself again? 

Its always been a major thing in France and they've kept the narrative going. No government official wants to face the guillotine of public opinion on that one.

Piddlesticks if Pidcock has withdrawn due to Covid symptoms. This thing is burning my fantasy team man

21 hours ago, Mamil said:

Does anyone elses DStv streaming service periodically just go to a blank screen and only starts again if you go back to launch screen and click through again?

Yes, and along with adverts that sometimes come in at twice the volume this it annoys me so much I often turn to the notoriously unreliable tiz which tends to be better than the paid for DSTV stream. 

22 hours ago, Mark James said:

Me too...

I find it is worse when I'm the full 10min behind, or watching live. Tends to be more stable when I'm 1-2 min behind the live feed. Hope this helps 

21 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Yip

1 hour ago, dexterdent said:

Yes, and along with adverts that sometimes come in at twice the volume this it annoys me so much I often turn to the notoriously unreliable tiz which tends to be better than the paid for DSTV stream. 

Here's a reference number escalated from the help desk via their facebook messenger if anyone fancies putting their weight behind an effort to get this useless company to deliver properly. 

104949383 is the number to quote

2 hours ago, duringd said:

News coming through that Geraint Thomas had also tested positive for COVID-19 but is racing on today

Kom Meintjies.

Hulle weet nie wat ons weet nie. 

(Sadly I think the current gap isn't big enough to stay away from Pogacar and Jonas once they start swinging apples) 

On 7/12/2024 at 3:43 PM, Mamil said:

Does anyone elses DStv streaming service periodically just go to a blank screen and only starts again if you go back to launch screen and click through again?

Logged the issue with them as well using your ref number. Its been better today though 

What a great performance from Pogi! 
Not resting on his laurels and his racing / attacking nature coming to the fore today.

Now to recover for tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Shjoe it’s quiet in here…..

where’s All the fish and chips…?

Busy writing that the Danish anchovie is done and that pogi has it in the bag.

Will change view  tomorrow 

Show of strength from Pogacar today. Raced so much smarter, used his teammates to perfection and killed Jonas when it matters and that’s right at the end. He has a nice buffer now which means Jonas will probably try something tomorrow and he can essentially just ride on his wheels and kill him tomorrow on the final climb. 

With no Kuss and no Roglic, Visma are not as strong as previous years.

Were UAE driving the pace to restrict attacks from the Pilchard and Remco or should they have forced the Pilchards team to do the work? I was favouring the latter but Tadej's faith in the team paid off. Hope he and his merry men have legs tomorrow.