Munga MTB TwentyTwentyTwo

Shebeen

5 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

lekker post, I will do a similar one when time permits. For me, Ouberg pass is where the only real life threatening obstacle is located. I did a Sutherland to Padstal recce there earlier this year and from what Alex has said last night, the pass is washing away rapidly and the chances are good that this MIGHT be the last Munga to go down Ouberg as the local municipality has stopped maintaining it. If what he is saying is true, going down that pass at night, tired and with an ever encroaching drop off on both sides in some places, is going to take some serious focus.

Good luck and see you at the finish line!

Look, not riding this monster… but Ouberg is a serious concern - particularly if it’s dark. Horrible road surface and dangerous drops both sides at times. Might be worth your while to tackle that in daylight 😬

Edited by christovdw

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Vettie --we are waiting for the Wednesday weather update on the startline and some pics plz.

Jaco posted this:

There is a time and place to GO - and that time is NOW. Into a PLACE. A very VERY deep place that very few have the privilege or even understanding of what it is like to even go into. It’s a place that can MAKE you, but also a place that can absolutely BREAK you. Its been such a journey lately to even GET to THIS place (again) – to those that supported me (some doing so without even knowing it) - it means wayyyy more than you would ever know. Hold thumbs that the mind and body is not tooo FUBAR too soon and lets see what the future holds - Doolhof here we come #downhill2dasea (I hope!!)

5 hours ago, Zeffer said:

So who is your money on this year?

I would put good money on a husband and wife win.

Marco Martins is looking super lean and mean. Hansie looks to be in top shape. Gert Fouche is an animal on the bike. Sad that Benky isn't there. If I had to put cash on a winner. Marco ftw