MyWhoosh - free to use

1 hour ago, Wannabe said:

Anyone of you clever people know if you can / how to import HR data from your Garmin to a MyWhoosh workout to at least have HR data also on your workout. Apparently my Instinct 2 is not "compatible" and as such does not link with MyWhoosh.

Ps. I dunno if the SarisM2 has the cadence sensor built in, but I do have a Garmin cadence sensor on my bike, and MyWhoosh somehow paired with a cadence sensor and I get cadence data with my workout data.

Pss. I sent MyWhoosh a mail regarding the importation of data from Garmin files. Still awaiting their reply, will update here as soon as I get an answer.

This site allows you to join fit files together. There are limits for non-subscribers, but you should be able to merge HR to MyWhoosh data. 
https://gotoes.org/strava/Combine_GPX_TCX_FIT_Files.php

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least the MyWhoosh team are quick with replies.

"Yes, our team is working on adding more equipment to the compatibility list."

37 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I have had a couple of emails with MyWhoosh about Garmin.  They are NOT updating their platform to incorporate Garmin.

It has been posted on the MW facebook group many times, that this issue is not because of MW.  Garmin are not willing to allow integration with MW.  It is Garmin who are blocking this.

Most either download the MW fit file after the workout and upload it to Garmin, else record at the same time with their Garmin device as an indoor workout/ride.

This issue lies with Garmin as they don't want to play nicely 👎

42 minutes ago, Rudi Pollard said:

So I've been trying out mywhoosh and very happy with the overall experience. My feeling is that my trainer reacts quicker when doing intervals compared to Zwift, and for the R400 saving it's a definite yes.

My big gripe is the way myshoosh saves the fit file is a real mess. My files is showing as going 100+kph with an average HR of 0, ave Cad of 0 etc. I tried to upload the file manually to my garmin account for discovery points, and sometimes it worked other times not. I will record on my Edge 530 for now to get the discovery stuff working properly, but that's the only irritation I've had so far.

See the issue reported here on MW facebook page, you need to adjust the fit file by 1s and it will sort out the speed issue https://www.facebook.com/groups/mywhoosh/permalink/1149171972987451/

1 hour ago, shaper said:

It has been posted on the MW facebook group many times, that this issue is not because of MW.  Garmin are not willing to allow integration with MW.  It is Garmin who are blocking this.

Most either download the MW fit file after the workout and upload it to Garmin, else record at the same time with their Garmin device as an indoor workout/ride.

This issue lies with Garmin as they don't want to play nicely 👎

Thank you for confirming this.

PITY that MyWhoosh in my emails with them did not clarify it as such.  

15 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Thank you for confirming this.

PITY that MyWhoosh in my emails with them did not clarify it as such.  

I am sure they get 100s of emails on the topic. It gets asked often on the FB group. Better to follow their FB group that i posted above, lot of the issues and answers by MW and users are posted there. And helps in trying to understand what's happening 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've installed this morning, because there's no way I'm paying the price for Zwift for what it brings to the table (I've never paid so much for a video game).

I must say I was expecting to spend 30 mins trying to link everything and get it to work, like it usually is with Zwift, but everything connected 1st time. Good start !

Anyways, so how does one load their workouts from TP ? There is an option to link your TP account, but it looks like it's only to push the rides there, not really to import the training plan/workouts ? Meaning you must create your own every time ?

Previously on Zwift, if I was in a rush to do a specific workout, I'd just load road to sky and do it there, looks like on MyWoosh "el limonar" is the best way to do that ? Why would they only open some of the worlds on specific days ? (like that endurance climb ?) Never understood that with Zwift either, especially with Zwift, where you pay but can't access all of the content.

Edited by Jbr

5 hours ago, Jbr said:

So I've installed this morning, because there's no way I'm paying the price for Zwift for what it brings to the table (I've never paid so much for a video game).

I must say I was expecting to spend 30 mins trying to link everything and get it to work, like it usually is with Zwift, but everything connected 1st time. Good start !

Anyways, so how does one load their workouts from TP ? There is an option to link your TP account, but it looks like it's only to push the rides there, not really to import the training plan/workouts ? Meaning you must create your own every time ?

Previously on Zwift, if I was in a rush to do a specific workout, I'd just load road to sky and do it there, looks like on MyWoosh "el limonar" is the best way to do that ? Why would they only open some of the worlds on specific days ? (like that endurance climb ?) Never understood that with Zwift either, especially with Zwift, where you pay but can't access all of the content.

Do yourself a favour.

Try IndieVelo.

From install, to setting up, just so much easier than anything else.  To the point where I dont get time to walk about, get the heart rate strap, put on my shoes, switch on the radio any more ...  Even switching off is a matter of seconds.

Last week they added more functionality to load workouts from various other platforms.

Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.
I am new to Smart Trainers (Elite Suito) and signed up with MyWhoosh.
My first experience was the usual stuff around of getting things set up and connected.
Two things I experienced: No change in resistance when the route changed gradient. The speed on the screen just went up or down.
And then I couldn't listen to music while riding a course.

I imagine that its pretty basic, and I am being doff and have an incorrect setting somewhere.
Are there obvious things that I should look for ?

Edited by splat

23 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Do yourself a favour.

Try IndieVelo.

From install, to setting up, just so much easier than anything else.  To the point where I dont get time to walk about, get the heart rate strap, put on my shoes, switch on the radio any more ...  Even switching off is a matter of seconds.

Last week they added more functionality to load workouts from various other platforms.

+1 to this

1 hour ago, splat said:

Two things I experienced: No change in resistance when the route changed gradient. The speed on the screen just went up or down.
And then I couldn't listen to music while riding a course.

Check if you’re on ERG mode. That keeps the power set at a specific level, eg. 200W. Uphill, downhill or flat, you’ll be doing 200W.

There should be a free ride option.

1 hour ago, splat said:

In IndieVelo the settings are like this. Look for trainer settings or similar:

IMG_5494.png.94899679db73e9ae1ff6dbe1366da2f2.png

Tried downloading MyWhoosh last night, my pc doesnt even attempt to open it 🤣 downloaded IndieVelo, will give that a whirl, I have been enjoying Zwift, but meed to cut costs wherever I can, and if I can replace Zwift, that is quite a nice saving