MyWhoosh - free to use

I gave MyWhoosh a try after using Zwift for a couple of years, sadly the frustration it caused wasn't worth the R300 saving. It continuously crashed 10-15 minutes into rides on both my phone and laptop. 

Edited by Dom N
Sp

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dom N said:

I gave MyWhoosh a try after using Zwift for a couple of years, sadly the frustration it caused wasn't worth the R300 saving. It continuously crashed 10-15 minutes into rides on both my phone and laptop. 

There has been quite a few updates, try again, you might be surprised. not sure how long ago you had issues.

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

There has been quite a few updates, try again, you might be surprised. not sure how long ago you had issues.

Im surprised this app is free, its really not bad (so far)

Yep, agree. Its getting better with each release.  The big main the the massive download with every update. Most of the bug I experienced was sorted. Its a great option for summer months when I pause zwift...but need an option for infrequent bad weather indoor rides,  or something to do a workout on.

I still use zwift in winter when getting up at 4 for early morning outside weekday rides becomes too painful, since most of my riding buddies also move over there

25 minutes ago, Jacques Joubert WC said:

Yep, agree. Its getting better with each release.  The big main the the massive download with every update. Most of the bug I experienced was sorted. Its a great option for summer months when I pause zwift...but need an option for infrequent bad weather indoor rides,  or something to do a workout on.

I still use zwift in winter when getting up at 4 for early morning outside weekday rides becomes too painful, since most of my riding buddies also move over there

Sounding promising ... from another winter Zwifter ....

Are these "forced updates", or can you do your ride and update later ?

Even with Zwift the 10 to 20 minute delays with the odd forced updates sometimes mess up a limited time ride .... would much prefer to run that after the ride.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Even with Zwift the 10 to 20 minute delays with the odd forced updates sometimes mess up a limited time ride .... would much prefer to run that after the ride.

Nope, you cant ride. And its a p.i.t.a update. 3.5GB for the game and then it downloads the maps all from scratch next time you open it. Bargain on hour plus. I keep an eye on their social page to know when update is released and then sign on the night before. 

Lets hope it stays free but I doubt it, I still have some bugs that needs fixing - I can not select my power meter as a Cadence sensor like when I ride outdoors and the ANT+ functionality is very iffy, some times it works and sometimes not.

11 hours ago, ChrisF said:

FWIW: (app sizes on my iPad)

-MyWhoosh 3.5gb

-Zwift 3.2gb

-Wahoo RGT 700mb

My iPad Air 4 handles all these games seamlessly. I’ve had an occasional delay getting started with each of them if updates are due, but not longer than mixing my drinks bottle and fetching a towel.

4 hours ago, Kom said:

FWIW: (app sizes on my iPad)

-MyWhoosh 3.5gb

-Zwift 3.2gb

-Wahoo RGT 700mb

My iPad Air 4 handles all these games seamlessly. I’ve had an occasional delay getting started with each of them if updates are due, but not longer than mixing my drinks bottle and fetching a towel.

Just between the two us .... please dont tell anybody else ....

I have been a PC user long before the bitten-fruit came to our Sourthern Tip of Africa.  Going Android was thus not much of a surprise ....

I HAVE on a few occasions borrowed and TESTED the bitten-fruit handhelds.  Never enough of a reason to redo my entire eco-system .....

BUT .... Apply-tv-box and the Apple interface for these ride apps just seems so much better !!!

For now my NUC-Intel does the job .... but it wont run Win11, and we know the time is ticking on Win10.  When the time comes I may just end with a fruit-bowl in the pain cave .....

Shame .... that little NUC actually is a nice little device.  But these downloads take timeeeee ..... It might almost be fun to see how long it takes to do MyWoosh full download .....  

Actually, what are the minimum system requirements for MyWoosh ?  (before I waste time on a download)

THIS is actually the unsung masterpiece of Zwift.  IF you have a state of the art gaming system with the best 4K display, man it comes to the party.  Run a basic system and it remains fully functional, though with less graphic razz mataz ....

5 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Just between the two us .... please dont tell anybody else ....

I have been a PC user long before the bitten-fruit came to our Sourthern Tip of Africa.  Going Android was thus not much of a surprise ....

I HAVE on a few occasions borrowed and TESTED the bitten-fruit handhelds.  Never enough of a reason to redo my entire eco-system .....

BUT .... Apply-tv-box and the Apple interface for these ride apps just seems so much better !!!

For now my NUC-Intel does the job .... but it wont run Win11, and we know the time is ticking on Win10.  When the time comes I may just end with a fruit-bowl in the pain cave .....

Shame .... that little NUC actually is a nice little device.  But these downloads take timeeeee ..... It might almost be fun to see how long it takes to do MyWoosh full download .....  

Actually, what are the minimum system requirements for MyWoosh ?  (before I waste time on a download)

THIS is actually the unsung masterpiece of Zwift.  IF you have a state of the art gaming system with the best 4K display, man it comes to the party.  Run a basic system and it remains fully functional, though with less graphic razz mataz ....

The minimum system requirements are quite huge if you follow their site but if you watch the short youtube clip I made you will see the Laptop that I use, I5 with 8gb ram and it runs OK.

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

It showed up that my windows laptop (work) isn’t compatible.

11th-Gen i7, 16GB ram, could be the graphic card.IMG_1387.png.b9b4e1233d57e2a26823dda0c0399a22.png

Does anyone have a platform that works on an Apple TV? Let me give my current situation: 

1) I have an Apple TV with a 40" mounted in the man cave with my old 26er on a Kickr (direct drive) - the struggle is real. 

2) I've been using Fulgaz since lock down - I am a Knight from another platform - all the Sufferlandrians will know what I'm talking about. Fulgaz has been giving me endless crap, the resistance keeps dropping and sometimes the video freezes. What I have done to mitigate the issues:

A) Pulled a Cat6 Lan cable from the router and got a mesh to boost the signal 

B) I have removed all other bluetooth devices and changed back to the laptop and phone as well 

C) I have bought another trainer. 

D) I have reached out to Fulgaz for advise and their platform had two releases since the start of my issues back in Feb. 

3) I cannot use Rouvy as you need a first Gen remote (which costs R1900) and I use a generic remote I got for like R200

4) I refuse to use Zwift as that is absolute rubbish 

5) Sufferfest does not have elevation on their videos (this sucks - so everything is at 0m) 

6) I will much rather start doing crossfit than cycle outdoors 

7) My Whoosh is not currently on Apple TV

So based on the above mentioned, is there any other options out there that I can consider? 

Also had issues with Fulgaz and I’ve found that they’re quick to blame your hardware when you log a ticket, only for them to do an update soon afterwards. 
I’m also on Apple TV and had choppy video issues despite downloading the route beforehand. 
Have you tried to download as opposed to the stream?

18 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Also had issues with Fulgaz and I’ve found that they’re quick to blame your hardware when you log a ticket, only for them to do an update soon afterwards. 
I’m also on Apple TV and had choppy video issues despite downloading the route beforehand. 
Have you tried to download as opposed to the stream?

I do yes, I always try to download first :huh:. I am stoked to see that this isn't just me, I've seen quite a few unknown apps on the app store which I've downloaded. I will activate my trials one by one and see which is best 

Tried MyWhoosh again.

• Previously a workout in TrainingPeaks would pull through on the calendar. Not this time;
  • Tried to create a workout to match my plan for today; screen too small to make the changes required;
  • Picked a workout from their workout list, that was close to my plan for the day;
  • Ride completed fine, but the workout never started.

Will give it a go another day.

IMG_1477.png.0994a416b5444f44b1a0aaee95a6721a.png

Edited by Frosty