Cycling groups in camps bay

Durbs

Hi, I ride quite often i am just wondering if there is any groups going throughout the week. I mainly do my long rides on sunday and shorter rides on the weekdays. If anyone knows of any groups that come through camps bay or start in camps bay that average like 24-25km/ph pls let me know.

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

conveniently leaves out the average of xxkm/hr

On the climbs the average is 24/25km/h. 

But the group is large, especially this time of year. Some people doing their weekly torque interval like every other Cape Townian, some tapering for an ironman, some hungover from the night before it seems.

With silly season here still, its nice to have some cover from cars from Sea Point to Bakoven before the yellow lane starts. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2023 at 3:46 PM, DieselnDust said:

conveniently leaves out the average of xxkm/hr

These okes are pure evil and I say that with all love and respect. It starts at 25k/hr. Then 30. Then 70. Then your nose starts bleeding. Then your lungs explode and your legs fall off. And that's a coffee ride for them.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:55 PM, Pure Savage said:

With silly season here still, its nice to have some cover from cars from Sea Point to Bakoven before the yellow lane starts. 

is there a Pure Savage ride in RONDEBOSCH at all? Thanks

On 1/9/2023 at 2:18 PM, Durbs said:

Hi, I ride quite often i am just wondering if there is any groups going throughout the week. I mainly do my long rides on sunday and shorter rides on the weekdays. If anyone knows of any groups that come through camps bay or start in camps bay that average like 24-25km/ph pls let me know.

instead of starting in Camps Bay, why don’t you start from town, better chance of a ~50km ride too? Ciovita and East City Cycles both do club rides from Woodstock to the top of suikerbossie  (and I think chappies as well) during the week.

11 hours ago, Paulst12 said:

is there a Pure Savage ride in RONDEBOSCH at all? Thanks

There is a group that starts in Muiz, then Rondebosch, then town, then chappies, then Noordhoek, then claremont.

19 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

There is a group that starts in Muiz, then Rondebosch, then town, then chappies, then Noordhoek, then claremont.

Disclaimer: However if the robot is green whilst they are coming through those areas, Spotting them becomes difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I have just moved to Sea Point and would love to join local rides, either during the week in the morning or during weekends! I am on UK work hours so only start around 11am so that gives enough time for a little spin in the morning 🙂 

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2023 at 8:55 AM, Pure Savage said:

Thanks... I'm working at the waterfront so was wondering what time and from where do they leave Seapoint..