Strava price increases

lechatnoir

From R239 to R599.99...

yeaaaaaah, been renewing my strava very late after expiry the last two times, guess I won't renew next time, it's already not really worth the old price, let alone the new price.

Komoot is way better at creating routes

Intervals.icu is much better at analysis (I actually started supporting them yesterday after I realised the feature I've been hoping they'd add was there the entire time I just didn't know about it)

Last thing I might miss is the segment explorer/heatmap that allows to find some places/see if the routes are currently open judging from recent leaderboards.

Edited by Jbr

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

From R239 to R599.99...

yeaaaaaah, been renewing my strava very late after expiry the last two times, guess I won't renew next time, it's already not really worth the old price, let alone the new price.

Intervals.icu is much better at analysis (I actually started supporting them yesterday after I realised the feature I've been hoping they'd add was there the entire time I just didn't know about it)

Last thing I might miss is the segment explorer/heatmap that allows to find some places/see if the routes are currently open judging from recent leaderboards.

The Suunto app is free and has a pretty decent heatmap feature. You don’t need a Suunto device to use it either. 

Just now, michaelbiker said:

The Suunto app is free and has a pretty decent heatmap feature. You don’t need a Suunto device to use it either. 

I'm assuming it's only suunto recorded activities in there ? I don't know anyone who records their workouts on a sunto so doubt it's relevent, but will have a look in case ! Surely komoot has some data but probably even less relevent than strava. I use komoot to create routes and then run them on my garmin, so komoot never knows I've done it or not, I'm pretty sure most users do that too..

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

I'm assuming it's only suunto recorded activities in there ? I don't know anyone who records their workouts on a sunto so doubt it's relevent, but will have a look in case ! Surely komoot has some data but probably even less relevent than strava. I use komoot to create routes and then run them on my garmin, so komoot never knows I've done it or not, I'm pretty sure most users do that too..

Nope. I send all my rides and runs there. I use a Hammerhead Karoo and an Apple Watch. I was surprised at how good it is.

12 hours ago, TCTG said:

Never knew one could use Miles to purchase an annual subscription. Must look into it and use them miles

I bought tow years passes in advance with my miles in yesterday’s prices

Man i remember when my friend and i were riding home on the bus and he sms'd me a link that opened up strava on the app store 

oh how far we've come 

12 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Trailforks has you covered in that respect.

For off road rides, sure. But for the tarmac crowd? Strava has the ability to suggest routes that are generally superior to what I've found on other apps, simply because of the large roadie user base. 

Been a Premium subscriber for many seasons now. One of the best apps invented, hey. Those Californians are clever.

Edited by 'Dale

We’ve been spoilt over the last decade or so with “free everything”. Companies need to make money to sustain these services and the current economic climate has made this pretty stark. 

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I’d rather pay for the product than be the product.

3 minutes ago, michaelbiker said:

We’ve been spoilt over the last decade or so with “free everything”. Companies need to make money to sustain these services and the current economic climate has made this pretty stark. 

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I’d rather pay for the product than be the product.

Sorry ne but with full premium you'll still be the product 

I'd glady pay for so many things if they didn't use me in some way.

5 hours ago, Jbr said:

From R239 to R599.99...

5 hours ago, michaelbiker said:

Garmin Connect also has a heat map (Popularity) option when creating routes. Given the volume of Garmin ride data, there are plenty routing options.

3 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Garmin Connect also has a heat map (Popularity) option when creating routes. Given the volume of Garmin ride data, there are plenty routing options.

Good idea, I didn't know. all I know is that I find the garmin route creation tool even worse than strava when it comes to offroad ;)

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Use this often for both rides and runs. Also when searching for a race i have not done, especially overseas, can usually find the race route no problem under garmin courses and get all the elevation data to review online, or use with bestbikesplit for pre race analysis , then send to my device for navigation if i need.

2 hours ago, michaelbiker said:

Sorry ! say what ? - "be the product". But you are the product and paying to be the product.

• 2 weeks later...