Western Cape Enduro 2023

MORNE

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of my best riding days was Jonkers in the rain. 

While you guys get to ride Jonkers, I'll be standing in the rain next to a dam cheering my wife on at a triathlon. Lewenskeuses....

34 minutes ago, Endurobro said:

What he said.  

I paid my entry and I am torn.  I know Jonkers when the NorthWester is howling and sheets of rain gushes through.  We can call it mountainbiking in any conditions, but I am not 30 and single anymore, I pay for expensive parts myself, so if I am trying proof something, the fact is, nobody cares.  Just go and ride the trails on Monday.... 🤣

Every time anyone uses the word 'Torn' I picture Natalie Imbruglia and hear one of the sweetest covers in the history of covers.

Thank you

Well if it is raining the amount they promise, i should come do it with my af arm since we’ll be walking most of it anyway😅

days like these is when you need a single speed rigid trail bike thats is mud proof

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

hahahahaha

I was having this conversation the other day. The difference between fun riding and racing and why racing for a weekend funrider can be bothersom.

Bad weather on race day... you've entered, you feel obligated, you know it will be a pain but you go anyway, knowing it will cost you some money and bike parts and potentially some nasty wounds.

Bad weather on normal ride day? Don't go ride.

BUT you race what is presented on race day. The famous 'How does he sit down' run by Danny Hart wouldn't exist if they just said 'yeah nah, bad weather, let's race tomorrow'.... 

The elements are as much part of the racing as anything, which takes me full circle to the fact that racing, for an average weekender is dumb, especially if you feel obligated to go despite knowing you won't place and will definitely degrade your bike.

#trainingforwitfontein

3 hours ago, Endurobro said:

Yes, riding days, not racing days 🤣

Same amount of laps, same amount of wear, same amount of risk.

I have a core memory of raking a friend for his first run down Status Quo while it was pissing with rain. 

Sunday has all the potential for a lekker day out with the right mindset. 

2 hours ago, BikeGenie said:

same here, if i could.

So was this that coffee curse you and tim were on about?🤣 you buy coffee and you crash?

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

So was this that coffee curse you and tim were on about?🤣 you buy coffee and you crash?

The “tea party coffee curse” 🤣🤣

Bleak news for sure. Especially for anyone who traveled to the Cape for the event. But the weather is really bad at present and this is the best decision.

Wonder if the WP road race is still going ahead? 👀

Okay let me not be that guy. Hard luck and hope an alternate is provided to entrants.