Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

4 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

No assumption needed.  The land based cameras clearly showed a dust cloud hurtling straight towards the riders, then the helicopter came into view.

I only watched a few minutes, saw and thought exactly the same about the dust from the choppers. Might be acceptable if it was for a short time as they approach the finish….

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

No assumption needed.  The land based cameras clearly showed a dust cloud hurtling straight towards the riders, then the helicopter came into view.

It's the hub, assumptions are where most of the facts come from here.

I’m pretty sure epic didn’t pick freshly licenced helicopter pilots to fly so close to the mountains, riders and public so it gets me a little bit seing couch experts calling them less than descent and judging how they do their jobs. Anyways.

Just checked the results, seing guys that destroy me every weekend on the road barely making it top 45… makes me realise how insane the level of competition is, more importantly how priviledged we are of riding that often with some of these guys in our local races

Edited by Jbr

Yeah saw the chopper, saw the dust. Happens year in and year out throughout the week. I think it's more the terrain than the chopper skills (as hub knows best).

I'm sure these pros are focused beyond worrying about the extra bit of dust anyway.

3 hours ago, Bernard and Christell Mtb Bucket List said:

Is El nino running Aspens once again? 

image.png.70fe971667b8da7bf030cca813359b14.png

3 hours ago, gerriemtb said:

I agree. That POV camera work just adds another dimension to the broadcast. Live streaming with great camera work from the e-bikes, helicopters, etc. For free! We are spoilt. 

Def agree

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

and ? How do you think their salaries are paid ?

Nyre GIF by New Year's Rockin' Eve

28 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I’m pretty sure epic didn’t pick freshly licenced helicopter pilots to fly so close to the mountains, riders and public so it gets me a little bit seing couch experts calling them less than descent and judging how they do their jobs. Anyways.

Just checked the results, seing guys that destroy me every weekend on the road barely making it top 45… makes me realise how insane the level of competition is, more importantly how priviledged we are of riding that often with some of these guys in our local races

Gotta love it when people talk right past each other on social media ...

YES, over the years Cape Epic have had some top class heli-pilots.

Today their video footage was good, as always.

Swooping in and creating dust cloud onto the riders .... not their finest moment.

11 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

It's difficult to look past just how much it looks like the Santa Cruz Blur Oli rode for a long time!

He says it's 'quite long' but handles really well

I think it looks like a fantastic product.

Love child of Blur and Oiz. 
Looks long just from the eye.

Another local XCM bike to add Vipa, Cypher, TIG.

3 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

image.png.70fe971667b8da7bf030cca813359b14.png

Rear zipped onesie or tight T...!? 

Looks slick

5 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Any inside on the RS fork the SRAM sponsered riders used?

same unit PFP used toward the end of last year.

All SRAM riders are using new groupsets, forks, shocks and brakes that are unlaunched and offically do not exist....