[Event] The Gallows

The Gallows

16 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I was... I think I left at 13:47

This was snapped a little while later... 

IMG-20240519-WA0013.jpg

@Jewbacca congrats and respect!!!

Is that the Munga wheels?

PS. You need some trainer wheels to pull of the look.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I left Cape Town at 04;45 to get there in time to register etc and be ready to race at 8, for my race to last all of 5mins with me hitting a rock and smashing my front rim on that mad downhill in the dust of the riders in front of me. Oh well, there's always next year. 

Spent the rest of the morning driving around the course supporting everyone with a few mates who came along for the day. 

What an Epic event. 

20 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

I left Cape Town at 04;45 to get there in time to register etc and be ready to race at 8, for my race to last all of 5mins with me hitting a rock and smashing my front rim on that mad downhill in the dust of the riders in front of me. Oh well, there's always next year. 

Spent the rest of the morning driving around the course supporting everyone with a few mates who came along for the day. 

What an Epic event. 

I think I have your bottle....... What is the crash replacement policy like with the boys at South?

Huge thank you to everyone that pulled in! 🙏 It was so fun seeing the race unfold.

So nice getting to meet you a lot of you. Great to finally see @Jewbacca in the flesh thrashing on his BMX. What a legend.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. There are definitely a few things we can improve on for next years race.

We're really grateful for all the support, hope to see you all again next year. 

Great event, kicked my butt...I haven't bonked that hard since the morning of my Matric Math's exam.

Loved how, even when the rules stated, no ebikes, and no earphones....some lady came past me, yes you guessed it, on an ebikes with earphones 😂

The only part of the race one should take seriously, is how fast and deceiving the environment and "bumps" are, even before Galgeberg.

21 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I think I have your bottle....... What is the crash replacement policy like with the boys at South?

Consider the bottle a gift. I hope it played a huge part in getting you to the finish ;) Well done.